Should i get a 300w psu

Wonderingranger
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

A system with a 3200g using interested graphics isn't going to consume much power. Problem is there aren't many good 300w power supplies out there. 

Having only 4gb ram would suck though since it needs to share memory with the graphics, and you won't have dual channel.

I have been wondering what psu should i get for i keep getting told by power supply calculators 450w 300w and 350w

My specs:

Ryzen 3 3200g

Asus prime b450m-a(ryzen 3000 seris ready)

4gb crucials 2666 mhz

Intergal v 120 ssd

Just now, Wonderingranger said:

I have been wondering what psu should i get for i keep getting told by power supply calculators 450w 300w and 350w

My specs:

Ryzen 3 3200g

Asus prime b450m-a(ryzen 3000 seris ready)

4gb crucials 2666 mhz

Intergal v 120 ssd

There aren't really any 300W PSUs that I know of that are good quality-- almost any PSU will have enough wattage for this, the question is whether it's reliable. I'd look at the PSU tier list and find something decent quality that isn't crazy expensive.

A system with a 3200g using interested graphics isn't going to consume much power. Problem is there aren't many good 300w power supplies out there. 

Having only 4gb ram would suck though since it needs to share memory with the graphics, and you won't have dual channel.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Thank you for the infomation

19 minutes ago, Wonderingranger said:

There is one kolink psu that is 300w 

That is one of those firehazard psu's.

33 minutes ago, Wonderingranger said:

There is one kolink psu that is 300w 

Right.  Like he said... There are no good quality 300W PSUs.  The Kolink is not good quality.

There are some Seasonic OEM PSU with 350W, maybe even a 300W. They don't have the fancy sleeves and molecularity, which is fine for most PCs.

Other than that, the "good" PSU start at around 400W. It turns out, to manufacture a good 300w PSU cost almost the same as manufacturing a 400W PSU. And people who are on this forum and care about PSU usually have more power needs. So the market and profit margins are not great for 300W "good" PSU. 

99% of the 300w PSU are in PCs. They only need to last for the 1-year warranty.......