AORUS Gen4 AIC Adaptor issue

Escapenz
Go to solution Solved by Escapenz,

After a few hours of fighting i manged to solve it. Little digging in the bios and a fresh install of win10 and all my drives are back along with my new raid 0 nvme drives in my card.

Hello all,

so i scored a AORUS Gen4 AIC Adaptor for a good price but im having the issue of only 1 of my 2 kingston a2000 1tb showing up. Also the Adaptor is not showing up in Aorus storage manger. Tried the card in both my Top slot and bottom slot. PC is a 3900x in a steel legend x570. (From what i under stand i can run it in the bottom slot but only with 2x drives).

Anyone used one and know what i need to do ? 

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

DOes your system support pcie bifurcation?

You need pcie bifcurfaction to use this card, and often only hedt system support this.

40 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

DOes your system support pcie bifurcation?

You need pcie bifcurfaction to use this card, and often only hedt system support this.

unsure but guessing not. I have now got it so when the card is in the tops slot and i change it to 4x4 both drives show up in the bios and thats about it

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Just now, Escapenz said:

unsure but guessing not. I have now got it so when the card is in the tops slot and i change it to 4x4 both drives show up in the bios and thats about it

so if they both show in the bios it supports it

Does the drives show up in device manager? How about a linux live disk?

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

so if they both show in the bios it supports it

Does the drives show up in device manager? How about a linux live disk?

they do not show up in device manger but there is 4x in other pci device. 1 is PCI Encryption/Decryption controller and other 3 are just PCI device. Also now 3x of my HDD are gone offline but showing up in bios

Have to change BIOS to 1x8/2x4 with the adapter in the second slot.

After a few hours of fighting i manged to solve it. Little digging in the bios and a fresh install of win10 and all my drives are back along with my new raid 0 nvme drives in my card.