Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JESUS IS LORD

Can't Overclock, Half Ram is Showing in Windows

4 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Does all your RAM report in the BIOS? If you check Task Manager does the 2nd half your your RAM appear as Hardware Reserved?

Start by disabling your overclock. You can also try reseating your RAM.

i fixed it .. went to reseat the cpu, not properly and bent and broke a pin .. after an hour of straightening pins i pulled the board and made sure the cpu was seated properly and now the system sees all 32gb and ram is 3000mhz and cpu 3.8 ghz at 1.36  

Posted · Original PosterOP

Build

CPU : RYZEN 7 1700 

BOARD : MSI X370 CARBON 

GPU : DUAL GTX 1070'S IN SLI

RAM : 32 GB GEIL RGB LUCE 

SSD : 1 X 2TB NVME , 1 X 250 GB NVME 

So I have had this Cpu on a number of boards and was able to overclock it 3.95mhz consistently at 3.785v however on this board the highest i got was 3.750mhz  at 3.33v 

So this is my issue.. I had it overclocked yesterday, no issues, 3.75mhz and my ram was at 3000mhz 

Now windows is only letting 15.9 out of 32 gb be usable ... I am not able to overclock my cpu at all ...

All I did was reseated the cpu block .... I have not touched the ram ... 

reset the CMOS, it should fix it but it will delete everything on the bios

Main PC [The Rig of Theseus]:

CPU: i5-8600k@5.0GHz | GPU 1: GTX 1660@2070MHz | GPU 2: GT 710 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480GB & Kingston UV400 120GB |  HDD: 2x 2TB WD Black | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 10 Pro & Linux Mint 

Secondary PC [Why did I bother]:

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | GPU: Vega 3 iGPU | RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3000MHz | Case: Corsair 88R | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: WD Green M.2 SATA 120 GB | Motherboard: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX | OS: Windows 10 Pro

Server [Solution in search of a problem]:

Model: HP DL360e Gen8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2430L v1 | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1066MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120GB | OS: Debian Buster

Laptop [A hunk of shit]:

Model: MacBook Air Late 2010 | CPU: Core 2 Duo L9600 | RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1066MHz | OS: MacOS Catalina 

Does all your RAM report in the BIOS? If you check Task Manager does the 2nd half your your RAM appear as Hardware Reserved?

Guides & Tutorials:

How To: Access Remote Systems at Home/Work Securely from Anywhere with Pritunl

How to Format Storage Devices in Windows 10

A How-To: Drive Sharing in Windows 10

VFIO GPU Pass-though w/ Looking Glass KVM on Ubuntu 19.04

A How-To Guide: Building a Rudimentary Disk Enclosure

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

How To: Remotely Access Your Server/NAS

In the Queue:

How to Use Memtest86 to Diagnose RAM Errors

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

Posted · Original PosterOP · Best Answer
4 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

i fixed it .. went to reseat the cpu, not properly and bent and broke a pin .. after an hour of straightening pins i pulled the board and made sure the cpu was seated properly and now the system sees all 32gb and ram is 3000mhz and cpu 3.8 ghz at 1.36