CPU FAN ERROR WITH AIO

Hello, i upgraded my pc recently to a 10900k with a corsair H150i cooler - when i first booted it came up with cpu fan error, but the aio is running completely fine, and so are all my other fans - i've double and triple checked all pin connectors to see if they were mounted correctly, and they are. I disabled monitoring of the cpu fan, but the problem is the intel performance maximizer won't let me run the cpu faster because some fan isnt running correctly. I am yet to find a solution, so i thought i would ask here. I suspect the error comes from the cpu fan not being monitored, but if i re enable monitoring of the cpu fan, then my pc won't get any further than post.

Any help appreciated

Thanks 

Did you plug anything into the "cpu_fan" header on the motherboard?

Use the manual to find out where it is located, and plug anything into it.

Try to connect the AIO pump into that header, or just a random fan, either would work.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

Did you plug anything into the "cpu_fan" header on the motherboard?

Use the manual to find out where it is located, and plug anything into it.

Try to connect the AIO pump into that header, or just a random fan, either would work.

makes no difference having the aio connected to the cpu fan, all my chassis fans are connected to their corresponding slots. tried switching everything around with no luck 

3 minutes ago, ctrl8ed said:

makes no difference having the aio connected to the cpu fan, all my chassis fans are connected to their corresponding slots. tried switching everything around with no luck 

Damn, that's wild. I would have thought just connecting any fan, for example chassis fan into the header would fix it.

If anything is connected to the header, do you see it in BIOS?

Also what is intel performance enchancer, and why are you using it instead of manual overclock in BIOS? 

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

Damn, that's wild. I would have thought just connecting any fan, for example chassis fan into the header would fix it.

If anything is connected to the header, do you see it in BIOS?

Also what is intel performance enchancer, and why are you using it instead of manual overclock in BIOS? 

intel performance enhancer is basically just a driver made by intel, that automatically maximizes performance without needing to go through bios and such - it will run fan tests and such, to make sure it runs at the most optimal clock frequenzy without overheating

also no, if i connect things to the cpu fan it doesn't really make a difference for some reason, it says its running but it will still say cpu fan error. if im not mistaken, the fans for the aio radiator are the ones that it want to be cpu fan probably, but they are in a 3way splittitted header, so they run from the same one. i haven't tried with a single fan, as the radiator needs all 3 to run ofc. I tried the chassis fan in the way back where the usb, internet and video cables are, but it still didn't fix my issue. i can list my specs if that would be  any help 

1 minute ago, ctrl8ed said:

i can list my specs if that would be  any help 

The motherboard could be helpful. Have you updated the BIOS of the motherboard? Maybe there is an annoying glitch or something.

Honestly, haven't seen anything like that personally. I know that on my Asus motherboard, you have to check the "min cpu fan rpm", and if the rpm is below that, then it gives the "cpu fan" error. So check that you dont have it set up too high or something, but other than that, my knowledge has ran dry.

2 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

The motherboard could be helpful. Have you updated the BIOS of the motherboard? Maybe there is an annoying glitch or something.

Honestly, haven't seen anything like that personally. I know that on my Asus motherboard, you have to check the "min cpu fan rpm", and if the rpm is below that, then it gives the "cpu fan" error. So check that you dont have it set up too high or something, but other than that, my knowledge has ran dry.

CPU

Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz

RAM

Corsair vengeance 32gb @3600mhz (4x8gb stick)

Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING (LGA1200)
Graphics
    MSI NXG251R (1920x1080@240Hz)
    VG248 (1920x1080@144Hz)
    3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (NVIDIA)

Storage
    111GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB (SATA (SSD))    
    931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA )    
    465GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD))    
Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
Audio
    TC-Helicon GoXLR Mini

As far as im concerned the bios is fully updated, not entirely sure though. also my fan rpm are just running with Qfan as i cba to set it up myself xd

Just now, ctrl8ed said:

As far as im concerned the bios is fully updated, not entirely sure though. also my fan rpm are just running with Qfan as i cba to set it up myself xd

Interesting. Then check the cpu fan option closer in bios, maybe it has something to do with it.

As i said, on my asus mobo there is the "cpu fan alert" threshold, i can set myself, when the error comes up. It basically asks for the PWM percentage, below which it gives the error.

So look into that, and also maybe enable some fan profile for cpu fan, because Qfan doesn't work while in bios!

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

Interesting. Then check the cpu fan option closer in bios, maybe it has something to do with it.

As i said, on my asus mobo there is the "cpu fan alert" threshold, i can set myself, when the error comes up. It basically asks for the PWM percentage, below which it gives the error.

So look into that, and also maybe enable some fan profile for cpu fan, because Qfan doesn't work while in bios!

will try and look into it - i just noticed i had some updates in asus amoury, so im trying to update em all to see if it changes anything