7 Days to Die Graphic Requirements? (Trying to build a pc for friend)

Toxickun

So i'm trying to help a friend out in figuring out what is the best inexpensive graphic card that can somehow run the video game "7 days to die" and Overwatch on the max settings possible.

I'd assume OH a graphic card with 4 gigs of memory! no problem!
Errruahhh. The cheapest one i found was like $75 and that doesn't  sound right at all..
So now I'm wondering if it's the core clock and boost clock that i should be concerned about. I'm only one person looking into this so i'm reaching out for help in desperation ;x;

I think a GTX 480 and up would handle these games fine.

5 hours ago, Toxickun said:

So i'm trying to help a friend out in figuring out what is the best inexpensive graphic card that can somehow run the video game "7 days to die" and Overwatch on the max settings possible.

I'd assume OH a graphic card with 4 gigs of memory! no problem!
Errruahhh. The cheapest one i found was like $75 and that doesn't  sound right at all..
So now I'm wondering if it's the core clock and boost clock that i should be concerned about. I'm only one person looking into this so i'm reaching out for help in desperation ;x;

overwatch can run on a lot of cheap gpu's. 7 days to die tho.. different story its unoptimized. meaning.. any video card low end or high end isnt going to change much. it will be choppy regardless. even my 2070 super isnt making it smooth. but yes a gtx 480 would do the trick for overwatch. 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

8 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I think a GTX 480 and up would handle these games fine.

3 hours ago, hollyh88 said:

but yes a gtx 480 would do the trick for overwatch.

i dont think that a gtx 480 would be able to handle overwatch on the highest settings...

my old gtx 650 was struggling with it on low settings and i have friends with i7 7700k and gtx 1060 6gb and 3gb that also struggle to run that game but on max settings.

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

1 hour ago, HardStroke said:

i dont think that a gtx 480 would be able to handle overwatch on the highest settings...

my old gtx 650 was struggling with it on low settings and i have friends with i7 7700k and gtx 1060 6gb and 3gb that also struggle to run that game but on max settings.

GTX 480 was like the big card to buy for Overwatch back in the day. 

I could be mistaken. I should look up the specs of the game, but pretty sure a 480 can handle overwatch.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

GTX 480 was like the big card to buy for Overwatch back in the day. 

I could be mistaken. I should look up the specs of the game, but pretty sure a 480 can handle overwatch.

back in 2016?

im not sure if the 480 could hande overwatch on max settings even thou its a x80 top line card

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

3 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

back in 2016?

im not sure if the 480 could hande overwatch on max settings even thou its a x80 top line card

Well I know my 980 can play it well

But it sounded like 75_100 dollars is a lot of money to the OP.

Maybe a GTX 580 would be better??

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

you cant compare a 980 to a 480....

a 980 is still a good relevant 1080p card even now.

way way way better then a 480

1 minute ago, HardStroke said:

you cant compare a 980 to a 480....

a 980 is still a good relevant 1080p card even now.

way way way better then a 480

Why do you insist on only quoting and focus on this GTX 480.....

I did mention a GTX 580 just then?

5 hours ago, HardStroke said:

looks like it can do it just fine still. but i think a gtx580 would indeed be good too.

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

3 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

But it sounded like 75_100 dollars is a lot of money to the OP.

Maybe a GTX 580 would be better??

well i was kinda looking into the $150-$200 range. hence why when i saw a graphic card that had 4 GB of memory but it's price is $79.99 i felt like something feels off.
(Turns out Linus actually made a video about it)  *Though i still don't know why it's a bad graphic card if it supports 4 gigs of memory*

To be honest i don't know that very well with Graphic cards. The last one i bought for myself was like a $300+ Nividia GFeforce GTX 760.
It only lasted me 2 years until i can no longer play other games on the highest settings.
I'd like to get her a card that could last longer; like at LEAST 4 years on the highest settings of 7 days to die and Overwatch. around that price of $150-$200.

That can run 7 days to die and overwatch pretty well.

ALso thank you everyone for helping me out with this! i diden't expect to get a lot of responses lol.
Thank you! I'm trying my best here to try to learn what i can. it's my second time assembling a machine for my friend and my "CompTia A+ Certifaction" is like.. 8 years late or something. like i'm talking 2014 information here. so i'm a bit dusty with these kinds of things but i want to learn!

(Here's the current idea of the build i'm thinking about)
The orange Case is something i currently have that i'm gonna give away to her once the assembly is done.

kwRNfvQ.png