Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Autumn-

cpu to support 240hz monitor

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm going to buy a 240hz montior next day and i know that my cpu cant support 240hz monitor cuz it cant even get 240fps avr, anyone know which one should I change? I played for highly competitive csgo/valorant.

 

MY SPECS: GTX 1660, 16GB CORSAIR RAM, Ryzen 5 1600, MSI B350M GAMING PRO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First Gen 1600, could replace that with a 3rd Gen. Probably kick the FPS up pretty good.


 

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / Corsair 3000mhz SK Hynix / RTX 2060 / EVGA 750w

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / RTX 2060 / Antec 1000w CP series

Ryzen Athlon 220ge with Vega Graphics / Asus Prime B450M-A / Corsair LED 3000mhz / 550w Antec Office PC.

DFI LanParty UT / Opteron 148 / DDR Corsair XMS Expert / X1800 XT 256MB Bios modded

Asus CrossHair Formula IV / Phenom II x4 B97 / Dominator GT 2000mhz. / EVGA GTX 770

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

First Gen 1600, could replace that with a 3rd Gen. Probably kick the FPS up pretty good.

the ryzen 5 3600?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the game really, CS:GO possibly, but you could input your specs into youtube and check out what others are getting. There so many benchmarks for just about everything,

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Depends on the game really, CS:GO possibly, but you could input your specs into youtube and check out what others are getting. There so many benchmarks for just about everything,

okay, i will see those benchmarks on yt, thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Autumn- said:

the ryzen 5 3600?

Yea. Probably about 20% better IPC over your 1600. Give or take. 

CSGO is cpu intensive for sure.


 

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / Corsair 3000mhz SK Hynix / RTX 2060 / EVGA 750w

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / RTX 2060 / Antec 1000w CP series

Ryzen Athlon 220ge with Vega Graphics / Asus Prime B450M-A / Corsair LED 3000mhz / 550w Antec Office PC.

DFI LanParty UT / Opteron 148 / DDR Corsair XMS Expert / X1800 XT 256MB Bios modded

Asus CrossHair Formula IV / Phenom II x4 B97 / Dominator GT 2000mhz. / EVGA GTX 770

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
18 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yea. Probably about 20% better IPC over your 1600. Give or take. 

CSGO is cpu intensive for sure.

How about valorant? Can ryzen 5 3600 handle in valorant?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Autumn- said:

How about valorant? Can ryzen 5 3600 handle in valorant?

Yeah, of course it can

 


 

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / Corsair 3000mhz SK Hynix / RTX 2060 / EVGA 750w

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / RTX 2060 / Antec 1000w CP series

Ryzen Athlon 220ge with Vega Graphics / Asus Prime B450M-A / Corsair LED 3000mhz / 550w Antec Office PC.

DFI LanParty UT / Opteron 148 / DDR Corsair XMS Expert / X1800 XT 256MB Bios modded

Asus CrossHair Formula IV / Phenom II x4 B97 / Dominator GT 2000mhz. / EVGA GTX 770

Link to post
Share on other sites

The GPU is holding 240Hz back a bit.

The games that achieve 240fps are limited ... not playing the newest games (@240fps) for sure.


... but I'm no expert

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 6:48 AM, Autumn- said:

I'm going to buy a 240hz montior next day and i know that my cpu cant support 240hz monitor cuz it cant even get 240fps avr, anyone know which one should I change? I played for highly competitive csgo/valorant.

 

MY SPECS: GTX 1660, 16GB CORSAIR RAM, Ryzen 5 1600, MSI B350M GAMING PRO.

get ryzen 5 3600. it has around 25% better ipc, better ram compatibility, bigger cache etc. it is almost as good as i5 10600k. after that you should upgrade the gpu since 240fps isnt that easy to get. Well in csdgo you should get that fps already but in other games it is harder.


|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 hours ago, SavageNeo said:

get ryzen 5 3600. it has around 25% better ipc, better ram compatibility, bigger cache etc. it is almost as good as i5 10600k. after that you should upgrade the gpu since 240fps isnt that easy to get. Well in csdgo you should get that fps already but in other games it is harder.

I see, because the gpu is kinda new, only used for 1 year so im not going to change it. I only play competitive csgo/valorant. So it seems is good for me. I'm going to buy the ryzen 5 3600.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×