Boot Error, M.2 Gets Completely Erased

michaelpolitano

50% of the time when I shut off my recently built computer and try to turn it back on, I get an error saying "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press key". It all started when i accidentally pressed the reset button on top of my case instead of the RGB control for the fans. Ever since then I have had this problem, and it completely erases my M.2 drive. I have to reinstall windows every time and the M.2 drive says it is empty, before i format it or reinstall windows. It happened again when i completely removed the reset button from the front panel connectors and has happened a couple times since when I shut off my PC and then turn it back on. The HDD is completely fine and only requires me to reassign it a letter in disk management.

BIOS: Version F50

Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro Wifi (rev. 1.0)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz

GPU: Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5

Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz

M.2 Drive: WD Blue 250GB SSD

HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

PSU: Corsair CV Series Bronze CV550 550w

I couldn't find a similar topic in the forums, sorry if this has been talked about before.

*doesnt trust rgb software*

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.