Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
1Gigabyte

Power Supply With Long Lasting Fan

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I bought my first real pc maybe 4 years ago now. After one year the fan on the psu started rattling like crazy so i soon swapped it out for my xfx xtr 650w. This is supposed to be a pretty good unit but once again the fan has failed after about a year. I just want a psu that wont give me any headaches with the fan again. I need 600w+ and would prefer modular but its not completely necessary i just want it to be cheap as possible while still being a good unit of course.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1Gigabyte said:

This is supposed to be a pretty good unit but once again the fan has failed after about a year

Can't you claim warranty?

3 minutes ago, 1Gigabyte said:

ny suggestions would be much appreciated

Future or now? If latter, location? just checked profile. UK gang


Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never had PSU fans fail on me, I blew power supplies before killing its fans. Sounds like you just had a lemon.


y'all need to poop more often.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1Gigabyte said:

I bought my first real pc maybe 4 years ago now. After one year the fan on the psu started rattling like crazy so i soon swapped it out for my xfx xtr 650w. This is supposed to be a pretty good unit but once again the fan has failed after about a year.

That's not normal.

 

How did the XFX fan fail?  Same thing?  Rattling?

 

That might be because they used that 11 blade design.  The blades are smaller so more susceptible to damage.

 

A PSU fan really only needs 7 fan blades with enough of a curve in the blade to provide adequate static pressure.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

That's not normal.

 

How did the XFX fan fail?  Same thing?  Rattling?

 

That might be because they used that 11 blade design.  The blades are smaller so more susceptible to damage.

 

A PSU fan really only needs 7 fan blades with enough of a curve in the blade to provide adequate static pressure.

 

 

 

 

 

Yes the same rattling noise as the first psu. Last night it started squealing every now and again so maybe it’s the bearing? I may just change the fan to a new one as it doesn’t seem to be too difficult and I don’t want to mess around with any warranty anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 1Gigabyte said:

and I don’t want to mess around with any warranty anyway.

Uh... Why...?


 

Quote

Women. They are a complete mystery.

-Stephen Hawking

 

I think the hoomans put their builds here?

Why do you hoomans give your builds a name? Here's my build, which I shall call "Do as I Say, Not As I Do" (seriously, don't get this build)

Spoiler

Ryzen 1500X @3,925 GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo + 2x ML120

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CL15 (Micron B-die) @2933 MHz

Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X @1120 MHz / 1450 MHz

120GB 850 Evo

120GB Kingston SSD

500GB WD Blue

Cooler Master Elite 430

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Logitech G710 with Kailh Box Jade

Logitech G502

HyperX Cloud

And my laptop, which I shall call "If It's Stupid But It Works" (It can actually play CS:GO at 50 FPS, and Civ V at 25 FPS)

Spoiler

Lenovo Thinkpad L460

Intel Core i3 6100U

4GB (probably) DDR4 2133 MHz

Intel HD Graphics 520 0.3-1.0 GHz

128GB Samsung MZ7LF128HCHP

Corsair M65 Pro RGB (worst mouse I've ever had)

Sennheiser CX 5.00G

And here would be where I would put a picture of my cat. But apparently, images are not allowed here. So take this instead (*ΦωΦ*)

Hello fellow night theme users

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×