Power Supply With Long Lasting Fan

1Gigabyte

I bought my first real pc maybe 4 years ago now. After one year the fan on the psu started rattling like crazy so i soon swapped it out for my xfx xtr 650w. This is supposed to be a pretty good unit but once again the fan has failed after about a year. I just want a psu that wont give me any headaches with the fan again. I need 600w+ and would prefer modular but its not completely necessary i just want it to be cheap as possible while still being a good unit of course.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

3 minutes ago, 1Gigabyte said:

This is supposed to be a pretty good unit but once again the fan has failed after about a year

Can't you claim warranty?

3 minutes ago, 1Gigabyte said:

ny suggestions would be much appreciated

Future or now? If latter, location? just checked profile. UK gang

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

I never had PSU fans fail on me, I blew power supplies before killing its fans. Sounds like you just had a lemon.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 hour ago, 1Gigabyte said:

I bought my first real pc maybe 4 years ago now. After one year the fan on the psu started rattling like crazy so i soon swapped it out for my xfx xtr 650w. This is supposed to be a pretty good unit but once again the fan has failed after about a year.

That's not normal.

How did the XFX fan fail?  Same thing?  Rattling?

That might be because they used that 11 blade design.  The blades are smaller so more susceptible to damage.

A PSU fan really only needs 7 fan blades with enough of a curve in the blade to provide adequate static pressure.

11 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

That's not normal.

How did the XFX fan fail?  Same thing?  Rattling?

That might be because they used that 11 blade design.  The blades are smaller so more susceptible to damage.

A PSU fan really only needs 7 fan blades with enough of a curve in the blade to provide adequate static pressure.

Yes the same rattling noise as the first psu. Last night it started squealing every now and again so maybe it’s the bearing? I may just change the fan to a new one as it doesn’t seem to be too difficult and I don’t want to mess around with any warranty anyway.

30 minutes ago, 1Gigabyte said:

and I don’t want to mess around with any warranty anyway.

Uh... Why...?

:)