MX Master 3 Horizontal Scroll in VSCode

Hello there,

I've bought a couple of weeks ago a MX Master 3 to replace my old MX Master. I do programming most of the time and I use Visual Studio and VS Code most of the time.

I have a problem using the horizontal scroll wheel to navigate my code, even tho the option is enabled in both programs.

In the Logitech Options configuration I've assigned horizontal scroll to the wheel but it doesn't seems to work. I'm not the only one with this problem in the VS community and no "clear" solution was given by the vscode team on github.

It seems that there is a problem with a feature like "horizontal tab" or something like that.....I don't remember the exact name of that.

I know for a fact that some apps need a special implementation to get horizontal scroll to work, like the one with app specific profile (excel and word in the photo).

image.png.592ccfb717eeb53c7446932572dfcb6c.png

Does anybody having the same issue solved it or know a workaround? I noticed a thing called "developer mode" in the Logitech app, maybe I can develop a custom addin for specific app like the one mentioned above.

@Cipulot99 looks like others have had this issue as well, someone posted a work around (from 2018 so may no longer work):

windows 10 Pro, build 1809, VSCode 1.31.1
Logitech MX anywhere 2S works only after:

1. opening vscode
  2. minimizing it explicitly using the mouse by clicking the hyphen (super-key + down-arrow does not work)
  3. restore the vscode window by clicking the icon in the taskbar

this procedure should be repeated every time you open vscode

I personally haven't tried using my MX Master Mouse 2S in VSCode, but I know that for some applications (Excel), I know that I have to roll the horizontal wheel each direction a few times before the application "catches up." I did a search for the issue and found the above linked issue, but there were several more, so others may have found newer/better work arounds if you do some digging. Good luck!

4 minutes ago, burh4n said:

@Cipulot99 looks like others have had this issue as well

Yeah, I see tons of issues about it but every time the vscode bot keeps closing the posts before someone can even respond......lol

4 minutes ago, Cipulot99 said:

Yeah, I see tons of issues about it but every time the vscode bot keeps closing the posts before someone can even respond......lol

🤷‍♂️

• 5 months later...

Run Vscode has administrator!  I hope it helps!👍🙂

13 / 5000

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2021 at 12:36 PM, DanyCuba said:

Run Vscode has administrator!  I hope it helps!👍🙂

13 / 5000

While this does appear to work, running a program in Administrator mode is a big security issue. Is there no other solution than this? Can anyone figure out why Admin mode works but as a normal user (what almost all other apps run as) doesn't work.

Hello, I had the same issue, but only if the mouse connected via bluetooth, when I plug in the usb receiver it started to work.

another problem at Figma, via bluetooth middle button didnt work, but on usb receiver all work perfect