Dying Coolant Tutorials?

I was recently looking at Primochill Vue but after seeing the reviews i've been strayed away, though at my local Microcenter they had a loop display with coolant that had the Mayhems Aurora or Vue effect, but an employee said it was just Blue EK Cryofuel with Light Blue/Blue Primochill Dye added in and it achieved the same effect. This same Microcenter also told me that all custom sleeved cables are the same so I took it with a grain of salt, is there any tutorials on dying coolant to achieve a vue/aurora effect or dying in general?

I can't really weigh in on the dying comment, but I'm from Canada, and I've heard (especially lately) that microcenter employees are horrible and have no idea what they're talking about.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

8 minutes ago, Statik said:

I can't really weigh in on the dying comment, but I'm from Canada, and I've heard (especially lately) that microcenter employees are horrible and have no idea what they're talking about.

haha this is the second time i've posted here trying to double check something I was told, I believe you helped me with my last problem haha

3 minutes ago, hangsty said:

haha this is the second time i've posted here trying to double check something I was told, I believe you helped me with my last problem haha

Haha I just looked at your post history and yup! That was the post I was thinking of. Your microcenter sucks.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

There are a few video tutorials out there, but dyeing fluid is generally an exercise in artistic license. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if that method turned out to be true. Cryofuel has colored particles in it to create the opaque effect it has, couple that with added dye to change the color of the liquid the particles are suspended in and you basically have Mayhems Aurora or Primochill Vue.

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of any kind of coolant with with anything suspended in it, too many horror stories of ruined blocks and tubing for my taste.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11