No Audio Output after Latest windows update

So I just installed the latest windows 10 update, which seemed to be a major one. My computer restarted several times and the update took about half an hour.

The result is that I have no audio output. I can run the 'test' for the audio, and the green level indicator shows that the sound is being output, but I hear nothing.

I have tried updating my audio drivers, and several other solutions that the internet has suggested to no avail. I would really appreciate any insight anyone here has.

Thanks in advance 

right click on the speaker icon near the clock, select playback devices, then select the sound card you want to use , right click and set it as default .. restart the app that plays audio (ex youtube tab, browser, music player)

Windows may default to another sound card in your system (for example sound card built into the video card to route audio through the hdmi cable to your tv/monitor, and maybe you don't have speakers in your monitor and nothing connected to the audio jack in the back of the monitor)

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

right click on the speaker icon near the clock, select playback devices, then select the sound card you want to use , right click and set it as default .. restart the app that plays audio (ex youtube tab, browser, music player)

Windows may default to another sound card in your system (for example sound card built into the video card to route audio through the hdmi cable to your tv/monitor, and maybe you don't have speakers in your monitor and nothing connected to the audio jack in the back of the monitor)

My speakers are the only enabled audio device, and I have restarted my entire PC since this issue arose.

eek.jpg