Looking for motherboard

Hi,

I brought a Ryzen 5 2600 to pair with a GTX 1070 and 16gb of ram. and my budget is almost bust. I am looking for a cheap and reliable motherboard which doesn't overclock or anything extreme just has to look semi decent as the case will has a glass side panel. Around 50 pounds is all I have with the stretch to 60 if needed.

Amazon UK or Overclockers UK only.

Thanks in advance all help is welcome. 

PC SPECS

I7-8700 (non K)

GTX 1070

Corsair H100x AIO

16GB DDR4 Crucial ram (2133mhz)

Prime Z370-A Motherboard

Gamemax Falcon (White)

----------------------------------------------------------

Peripherals

Logitech G305

Corsair Strafe MX RED

Blue Yeti /w arm

JVC (Headphones)

You won't find anything that's half decent around that price range 

Look for the pro 4 or the pro vhd max as cheap options 

Only if you really had to. Go for the ds3h ( if that's your only option ).

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

PC SPECS

I7-8700 (non K)

GTX 1070

Corsair H100x AIO

Prime Z370-A Motherboard

Gamemax Falcon (White)

Peripherals

Logitech G305

Corsair Strafe MX RED

Blue Yeti /w arm

JVC (Headphones)

1 minute ago, xReqt said:

What about

Don't 

Bare mosfets and probably maxes out at 50A 

Avoid it at all cost. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Don't 

Bare mosfets and probably maxes out at 50A 

Avoid it at all cost. 

All right then well I dunno really what I am looking for when it comes to mobo's.

PC SPECS

I7-8700 (non K)

GTX 1070

Corsair H100x AIO

Prime Z370-A Motherboard

Gamemax Falcon (White)

Peripherals

Logitech G305

Corsair Strafe MX RED

Blue Yeti /w arm

JVC (Headphones)

Just now, xReqt said:

All right then well I dunno really what I am looking for when it comes to mobo's.

Competent and cooler power delivery, decent I/O and a working BIOS

Just now, xReqt said:

when it comes to mobo's.

Good vrm solution 

Something that at least has a heatsink 

And if somewhat efficient.

Pro 4 or pro vdh max. If you really can't 

Then get a ds3h which is kind of crap but should do the job.

Build Log: 

@TofuHaroto @5x5 Personally struggling to find anything as I am not really understanding/sure whats what. If you can link anything via amazon UK and or Overclockers UK that would be a great help. Just anything that's the cheapest and capable of supporting 1070 r5 2600. If you can't then thanks for trying.

PC SPECS

I7-8700 (non K)

GTX 1070

Corsair H100x AIO

Prime Z370-A Motherboard

Gamemax Falcon (White)

Peripherals

Logitech G305

Corsair Strafe MX RED

Blue Yeti /w arm

JVC (Headphones)

You want a motherboard that has heatsinks (metal bits with fins) on those chips between the cpu socket and the io shield

image.png.b71b5e2cf5bbab5a8b2ec9cd36bacf80.png

Those chips convert 12v from the power supply to the voltage a cpu uses (0.6v...1.4v depending on frequency). If those chips overheat, the circuit tells the cpu to reduce frequencies so that it will consume less power, which allows those chips to cool off. So, you lose performance if those chips are constantly hot. 

So this motherboard basically would work just fine with a less power hungry 4 core processor (common for those processors with integrated graphics) because the chips won't produce that much heat with such cpu (using less than 60w)

But, if you go to a 2600 or higher, those are processors that can consume over 80w... the chips work harder to convert so much energy and therefore produce more heat.... and if that heat isn't moved away using heatsinks or fans, then the cpu has to slow down to keep that circuit cool.

Gigabyte B450 DS3H is good enough for a 6 core processor, especially if you don't plan to overclock, at it's reasonably priced at 66 pounds : Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (B450M DS3H) - PCPartPicker

You can see in the pictures the heatsink which helps cool that circuit... it's not a great heatsink, it doesn't have a lot of fins (more surface area, better cooling) but it's still better than nothing... :

image.png.0061585d2a27f1b7e62a4d40b3c7d66d.png

Save up a little longer and get a proper piece.

Getting the cheapest you can isn't the smartest choice.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I just used a MSI B450M Pro-vdh Max for a build and it worked great.  And it even has a heatsink.  It was 85 USD at Newegg. 

@mariushm Thanks for the recommendation, I don't plan to overclock even remotely as this is a fixed budget and It cannot budge for a while as I am not building this for myself its for my younger brother who hasn't any income due to being in school he's got enough saved (after I gave him the 1070 and spare/old parts I was just missing a motherboard) which he has around 70 pounds saved. @dizmo This is why there won't be a better one for him, I can only give him 10 towards it as my income is minimal at best as I just finished 1st year of college and going into second year. So if 70 pounds can provide him with a slightly more fitting one im all ears. Thanks all for comments it really helps. Leave some more if 70 can get him a better one. @glennhl and all.

PC SPECS

I7-8700 (non K)

GTX 1070

Corsair H100x AIO

Prime Z370-A Motherboard

Gamemax Falcon (White)

Peripherals

Logitech G305

Corsair Strafe MX RED

Blue Yeti /w arm

JVC (Headphones)

As for cooling the CPU it comes with a stock cooler which will have to be good enough for least 3 months till I can get him an EVO to replace it.

PC SPECS

I7-8700 (non K)

GTX 1070

Corsair H100x AIO

Prime Z370-A Motherboard

Gamemax Falcon (White)

Peripherals

Logitech G305

Corsair Strafe MX RED

Blue Yeti /w arm

JVC (Headphones)

A bit higher quality and with more features ( usb type c in the back, usb 10g ports etc) is Asrock B450M Pro-Fhttps://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/zym323/asrock-b450m-pro4-f-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-pro4-f

You'll have to double check all sellers including Amazon, if you're lucky you could get it down to 68 uk pounds

Asrock B450M Pro4 is a bit more expensive and it's very similar to the above B450M Pro4-F ... you lose one ps2 connector but you gain extra usb 3 ports on the io shield... and costs a couple more pounds.

Both boards are worth the extra 5 pounds or so over the Gigabyte board.

Another board worth looking for is Gigabyte B450 Aorus M : https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/WcjJ7P/gigabyte-b450-aorus-m-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-aorus-m

It's not as great as Asrock boards when it comes to vrm cooling and quality, but it's more than adequate and can handle easily up to 8 core ryzen processors, even 12 core 3900x if you don't overclock.

While it's not as good at vrm, I still recommend it for the looks : it has a nicer heatsink with colored accents, it has a heatsink / cover for the M.2 connector, so overall it would look much better when seen from outside through a glass/plastic panel.

Compared to the Asrock boards, you lose one usb type c on the back and the vga connector, but you get those 5 audio jacks, so you could plug a 5.1 speaker system and still have connectors for microphone and line in.

It's listed at 78 uk pounds on pc part picker but look around in UK stores, it may be under 75 uk pounds at various places.

B450-AORUS-M-Rev10_LED.thumb.jpg.9479d349daaeb33de9acc03d804da1f2.jpg

Oh I forgot ... one trick you could do is to buy now a single 8 GB stick of memory, and buy a 2nd stick a month or two later when you have more cash.

You don't have to buy KITS (pairs of sticks), you can buy one stick now and a 2nd stick (preferably same manufacturer and series, but doesn't have to be as long as specifications like frequency, voltage and timings are same)

You can install Windows, you can play games, you can do lots of things with a single stick of 8 GB of memory. There's gonna be a tiny performance loss, maybe 5-10% in some games. But, as soon as you insert a second stick, it will be like you always ran the computer with 2 sticks, and you don't have to reinstall Windows or do anything when adding memory.

So by not buying 2 sticks now, you could free 20-30 uk pounds now.

The stock cooler that comes with the 2600 is perfectly fine for it, and it's even good enough for a very mild overclocking. No need to buy evo or whatever.

If you want high quality mobo that would last through upgrades and can hadle even 3950x and you're up for raising mobo budget, you have MSI B450M Mortar at around 95 uk pounds : https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/h7WBD3/msi-b450m-mortar-max-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-mortar-max

Excellent board with loads of features and looks great.

image.png.70e87c70aeb135f8b76c9a23467a1e59.png

@mariushm He's got 2133 16gb DDR4 so he should be alright the build won't have a single overclock. And I'll lend him another 10 to get the Aorus B450 AORUS M as its always in stock on amazon uk ive seen it a few times and his upgrade path is none existent as he will be using this for least 4 years so by then he'll be earning income so he can buy stuff himself. He aims for 80fps 1080p which shouldn't be an issue for gaming for the next few years with that build.

PC SPECS

I7-8700 (non K)

GTX 1070

Corsair H100x AIO

Prime Z370-A Motherboard

Gamemax Falcon (White)

Peripherals

Logitech G305

Corsair Strafe MX RED

Blue Yeti /w arm