Intel Xeon W-2275 + WS C422 MB

onmyway

Hello,

Quick question. Has anyone got the combo ASUS C422/PRO/SAGE and Intel Xeon W-2275 CPU working? Thus far I've had two motherboards (both the ASUS WS C422 PRO/SE and ASUS WS C422-SAGE) and three CPUs and none are working. I made a thread about the first issue I had: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1198774-bios-loop/

Now, with the ASUS WS C422-SAGE card I don't even get into BIOS. The system starts and signal Q-LED "DF" and the CPU-LED is red. I've tried with two CPUs, no visible damage or anything. I use a Noctua NH D15 cooler and installation has always been smooth.

I am beginning to think this combo is completely non-compatible....

21 minutes ago, onmyway said:

DF

The last mobo issue on this forum that I read that had that error code was effectively that the mobo needed a BIOS update before it'd see the CPU, which is a troick because you can't get into the BIOS because it doesn't see the CPU...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Interesting... thanks for the tip. I had a look at the BIOS Flashback feature which would allow you to update BIOS without CPU/GPU or even memory. I think I'll try this out.

I am writing this from my new Xeon W-2275 workstation. All that was needed was a BIOS upgrade which were very easy to do with the ASUS Flashback feature. Create the BIOS/USB, rename the BIOS file as written in the manual. Plug it in, push the button, let it blink green for a few mins and there you go. I did have the CPU/memory installed but I don't think that was necessary. I think the only requirement was ATX power.

Much credit to Radium_Angel for the tip. ASUS own support gave the following answer:

"Q-Code DF is not a normal error code, this is developement use only. This code combination with red Q-lED light suggests a CPU problem.
After the troubleshooting you have already done, this problem most likely is the motherboard. Please contact the retailer where you bought your system from for warranty processing."

LTT>ASUS confirmed ;)

On 7/12/2020 at 9:04 PM, onmyway said:

I am writing this from my new Xeon W-2275 workstation. All that was needed was a BIOS upgrade which were very easy to do with the ASUS Flashback feature. Create the BIOS/USB, rename the BIOS file as written in the manual. Plug it in, push the button, let it blink green for a few mins and there you go. I did have the CPU/memory installed but I don't think that was necessary. I think the only requirement was ATX power.

Much credit to Radium_Angel for the tip. ASUS own support gave the following answer:

"Q-Code DF is not a normal error code, this is developement use only. This code combination with red Q-lED light suggests a CPU problem.
After the troubleshooting you have already done, this problem most likely is the motherboard. Please contact the retailer where you bought your system from for warranty processing."

LTT>ASUS confirmed ;)

Hello, I have the same problem with w-2275+ws c422 ace+2933mhz as your previous post https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1198774-bios-loop/, and the ASUS have just sent me a new bios to fix this which has not been posted in website yet. Do you need it?

And you said you had got it working? I wonder what motherboard and memory frequence do you use? c422 ACE or SAGE? 2933 or 2666mhz?

• 1 year later...