EnergizedMemer

So my family's PC has a Ryzen 3 3200G Custom PC with the following parts:

CPU: Ryzen 3 3200G overclocked at 3.8Ghz

RAM: 16GB of DDR4 clocked at 3000Mhz

Mobo: ASUS Prime B450M-A Micro-ATX

PSU: Aerocool Integrator 600W Power Supply

Case: NZXT H510

Drive(s): 120GB Crucial BX500 SATA SSD + 500GB WD HDD at 5400RPM

This PC was working well for the first few months, then I decided to download an AMD Radeon driver (version 20.4.2) to speed things up for my brother. It was a bad move, and now the PC stutters like it has a Core 2 Duo from 2008 inside. I decided to make a post about it here, and a person told me to download a DDU, which made some games return to their normal performance, but CS:GO (the game my brother plays the most) still stutters like HELL.

Could anybody please help? I would appreciate it if you did because my brother is pretty mad at me for ruining the PC and not letting him use mine.

Step 1 "Don't touch his stuff."

Step 2 ...

Step 3 Profit!

Jokes aside.

Did you run DDU? Did you reinstall the driver? Did you try a different version (some versions are shit - you should try and older version then)?

Check Temps

Check CPU and GPU utilization

We don't have enough info to solve this realiably

Right now you are using the default driver windows asigns for that GPU which is robably ye' old. So I'd say an update would be generally a good idea now.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

3 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Step 1 "Don't touch his stuff."

Step 2 ...

Step 3 Profit!

Jokes aside.

Did you run DDU? Did you reinstall the driver? Did you try a different version (some versions are shit - you should try and older version then)?

Check Temps

Check CPU and GPU utilization

We don't have enough info to solve this realiably

Right now you are using the default driver windows asigns for that GPU which is robably ye' old. So I'd say an update would be generally a good idea now.

Do you know any versions of the driver that work well?

2 minutes ago, EnergizedMemer said:

Nope.

That what’s probably causing it. Ryzen cpus benefit from high memory frequency, try enabling it in the bios. 

2 minutes ago, gloop said:

That what’s probably causing it. Ryzen cpus benefit from high memory frequency, try enabling it in the bios. 

In the ASUS BIOS, I believe D.O.C.P is basically XMP. Yeah, I'll try it.

4 minutes ago, EnergizedMemer said:

In the ASUS BIOS, I believe D.O.C.P is basically XMP. Yeah, I'll try it.

Yes, that is correct. 

7 minutes ago, gloop said:

Yes, that is correct. 

Well, I tried it, and opened CS:GO, but the stuttering is even worse than before.

Update: With the overclocked RAM, the PC went into the blue crash screen twice, even with the voltage and everything sorted.

I would try again: 

1. Turn off Windows automatic driver installation linked here - https://windowsloop.com/disable-automatic-driver-installation-on-windows-10/#:~:text= Disable Automatic Driver Installation on Windows 10,Automatic Driver Installation via Registry Editor More  

2. Run DDU whilst in safe mode. 

3. Download the latest AMD video drivers for your 3200G. 

4. Install the latest video drivers for your 3200G.

5. Move/Install the game onto your SSD and see where that gets you. 

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

3 minutes ago, Brennan Price said:

I would try again: 

1. Turn off Windows automatic driver installation linked here - https://windowsloop.com/disable-automatic-driver-installation-on-windows-10/#:~:text= Disable Automatic Driver Installation on Windows 10,Automatic Driver Installation via Registry Editor More  

2. Run DDU whilst in safe mode. 

3. Download the latest AMD video drivers for your 3200G. 

4. Install the latest video drivers for your 3200G.

5. Move/Install the game onto your SSD and see where that gets you. 

I'm doing the first four, and when I see what happens, I'll get back to you.

I wouldn't rule out the HDD being the culprit here. You'll encounter bad hitching and stuttering on a 5400RPM drive in lots of games (can confirm this personally, having a WD Green in my own system).

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

3 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I wouldn't rule out the HDD being the culprit here. You'll encounter bad hitching and stuttering on a 5400RPM drive in lots of games (can confirm this personally, having a WD Green in my own system).

Wait, I just checked again, turns out it's a 7400(?) RPM HDD

1 minute ago, EnergizedMemer said:

Wait, I just checked again, turns out it's a 7400(?) RPM HDD

Doesn't matter, 5400 and 7200 RPM don't say much about performance.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Update: I downloaded drivers from June 2019 (for the PC) and the situation was sorted! Thank you for all of your support.

Just now, EnergizedMemer said:

I'm doing the first four, and when I see what happens, I'll get back to you.

No worries, although I would highly recommend either getting a 7200rpm HDD or get a larger SSD for games. 5400RPM is quite slow for a game library drive. 

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

10 minutes ago, EnergizedMemer said:

Update: I downloaded drivers from June 2019 (for the PC) and the situation was sorted! Thank you for all of your support.

Excellent, if you would like to mark this thread as solved then it will be all good. 

My Rig:

34 minutes ago, Brennan Price said:

Excellent, if you would like to mark this thread as solved then it will be all good. 

This would help normie's so much.

I would know. I was once them.

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

On 7/2/2020 at 1:47 PM, Brennan Price said:

Okay then. But I'm a noob, so I don't know how.

1 hour ago, EnergizedMemer said:

Okay then. But I'm a noob, so I don't know how.

Click the little  ‘check-mark’ next to the correct post.