Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CaptainChaos025

CPU connector trouble

7 minutes ago, CaptainChaos025 said:

True true, but should i be worried about if the wrong power or somrthing goes through the wrong pins because the layout is just slightly different or should i go for it?

Both of them are standart ATX powersupplies so I wouldn't worry about that.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I would like to use a "more modern" psu for my HP XW9300 Workstation motherboard because my dad once took it apart and I had to reassemble it whilst not having all the screws because he lost them and i iust simply dont really trust it anymore. The original is a DPS -750CB A    REV:03 F and i want to swap it with a Cooler Master GX550. It would sortoff fit but im worried about the CPU power connector. Ive provided 2 images of the DPS and the Cooler Master 8 pin cpu connector layout (sorry for the bad quality my camera does not like to focus) and for as far as i can see is the layout on the right half of the pins is not correct.

20200701_104354.jpg

20200701_104415.jpg

The layout on the right of the Coolermaster connector is still correct even though it's slightly different. General rule of thumb: If the connector fits without too much force, then it'll probably be fine.

Please ping or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

The layout on the right of the Coolermaster connector is still correct even though it's slightly different. General rule of thumb: If the connector fits without too much force, then it'll probably be fine.

True true, but should i be worried about if the wrong power or somrthing goes through the wrong pins because the layout is just slightly different or should i go for it?

7 minutes ago, CaptainChaos025 said:

Both of them are standart ATX powersupplies so I wouldn't worry about that.

Please ping or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯