Wanting to Upgrade my Current Gaming PC to my Dream PC

Budget (including currency): ~$1500 CAD in upgrades (flexible, but I'm not made of money)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming (Possible streaming)

Other details: I don't need to buy ASAP, I want to play in 1440p at 144Hz (is G-Sync worth it?), I'm looking to upgrade with RGB with a Blue/Pink color scheme

I just ordered these upgrades: -Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply-   and the   -Corsair LL120RGB LED (Three Fans With Lighting Node PRO) 43.25 CFM 120 mm Fans- 

I have these upgrades in mind: -G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory-   

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: (Stock Cooler)

MOBO: Asus TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 

Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU: EVGA 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

Wireless network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC88 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter

Monitor: Acer GF276 Abmipx 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor

Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless Wireless Optical Mouse

Mousepad: G640 Large Cloth Mouse Pad

Keyboard: Corsair K68 Wired Gaming Keyboard

Headphones: Astro A40 + MIXAMP Pro Headset

I am open to all concerns to my build or anything that can be changed or poses a problem

So the build you listed here is what you have minus the new psu that is arriving correct? If so I see nothing you'd need to upgrade as all is more than enough for your intended purposes.

Yes I just ordered the PSU and Case fans, I am just unsure of if it's capable of running in 1440p at 144Hz , I want a better case (do i need a full or mid atx tower?), I'm not knowledgeable on a whole lot here.

The 2070 Super would do well at 1440p, but if you're not in a hurry, is there anything stopping you from waiting for the new CPUs and GPUs slated to release by the holiday season?  New Nvidia GPUs and new AMD CPUs.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

13 minutes ago, ItsSticKeh said:

Budget (including currency): ~$1500 CAD in upgrades (flexible, but I'm not made of money)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming (Possible streaming)

Other details: I don't need to buy ASAP, I want to play in 1440p at 144Hz (is G-Sync worth it?), I'm looking to upgrade with RGB with a Blue/Pink color scheme

I just ordered these upgrades: -Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply-   and the   -Corsair LL120RGB LED (Three Fans With Lighting Node PRO) 43.25 CFM 120 mm Fans- 

I have these upgrades in mind: -G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory-   

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: (Stock Cooler)

MOBO: Asus TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 

Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU: EVGA 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

Wireless network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC88 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter

Monitor: Acer GF276 Abmipx 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor

Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless Wireless Optical Mouse

Mousepad: G640 Large Cloth Mouse Pad

Keyboard: Corsair K68 Wired Gaming Keyboard

Headphones: Astro A40 + MIXAMP Pro Headset

I am open to all concerns to my build or anything that can be changed or poses a problem

Nvidia recommends a 650W PSU for the 2070 super.

System Specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.40ghz (6C/12T)
  • Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M-K
  • RAM: Corsair LPX 2*8GB DDR4 @3200mhz CL16
  • GPU: Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 (TU-104 variant) 6GB GDDR6
  • Case: Antec GX202
  • Storage
  • SSD: WD 240GB,
    HDD: Toshiba 1 TB @7200rpm
  • PSU: Corsair CX550 (2017 grey unit)
  • Display(s): BenQ 22 inches monitor, 1080p @ 60hz
  • Cooling: 3 Antec case fans 120 mm (2 blue LED front intake and 1 non LED rear exhaust)
  • Sound: Behringer UMC22 USB Audio interface, AudioTechnica ATH M20x studio headphones
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

6 minutes ago, ItsSticKeh said:

Yes I just ordered the PSU and Case fans, I am just unsure of if it's capable of running in 1440p at 144Hz , I want a better case (do i need a full or mid atx tower?), I'm not knowledgeable on a whole lot here.

I'm pretty sure my rig - see my profile - is more than suited for 1440p/144... it's not quite as powerful as yours, either.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

1 minute ago, vinit6694skr said:

Nvidia recommends a 650W PSU for the 2070 super.

Yeah that's why I ordered the new 850W 80+ Gold PSU, i have already been having problems with my low end PSU, Is the new one I ordered overkill?

4 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

The 2070 Super would do well at 1440p, but if you're not in a hurry, is there anything stopping you from waiting for the new CPUs and GPUs slated to release by the holiday season?  New Nvidia GPUs and new AMD CPUs.

@Samfisher Well I already have this 2070S unfortunately, and my CPU is an upgrade from the Ryzen 3 2200G and only like 6 months old, or I woulda hvae waited for the Holiday deals

9 minutes ago, ItsSticKeh said:

Yeah that's why I ordered the new 850W 80+ Gold PSU, i have already been having problems with my low end PSU, Is the new one I ordered overkill?

Based on this, I dunno why anything north of 600W would be needed...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Overkill but you are future proof enough to upgrade to a higher end GPU and CPU later on.

System Specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.40ghz (6C/12T)
  • Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M-K
  • RAM: Corsair LPX 2*8GB DDR4 @3200mhz CL16
  • GPU: Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 (TU-104 variant) 6GB GDDR6
  • Case: Antec GX202
  • Storage
  • SSD: WD 240GB,
    HDD: Toshiba 1 TB @7200rpm
  • PSU: Corsair CX550 (2017 grey unit)
  • Display(s): BenQ 22 inches monitor, 1080p @ 60hz
  • Cooling: 3 Antec case fans 120 mm (2 blue LED front intake and 1 non LED rear exhaust)
  • Sound: Behringer UMC22 USB Audio interface, AudioTechnica ATH M20x studio headphones
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

@Samfisher Well I already have this 2070S unfortunately, and my CPU is an upgrade from the Ryzen 3 2200G and only like 6 months old, or I woulda hvae waited for the Holiday deals

I use the same RAM as your proposed upgrade.  You won't ever need 850w of power, and PSUs are most efficient north of 45% load.  Anything under this and you're pulling more power from the wall than needed due to PSU inefficiencies.  A 650w unit could save you some money on the sticker price, as well as small amount of electricity over the lifetime of the PSU.  You won't even be hitting 300w with this rig.

I'm not sure what you have or haven't bought, as the post only shows that the upgrades you want to make with $1500 has so far been just the PSU, fans and RAM.

Also, I'm not sure about what kind of RAM a B450 board supports, so that might have some issues with 100% working with the RAM you buy.  My friend with a pretty good x570 ASUS mobo and a 3700x can't do 3600MHz, only 3200MHz (which is where official support ends and the minimum it can do).  Anything above 3200 on x570 is up to silicon lottery.

9 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

I use the same RAM as your proposed upgrade.  You won't ever need 850w of power, and PSUs are most efficient north of 45% load.  A 650w unit could save you some money on the sticker price, as well as small amount of electricity over the lifetime of the PSU.  You won't even be hitting 300w with this rig.

I'm not sure what you have or haven't bought, as the post only shows that the upgrades you want to make with $1500 has so far been just the PSU, fans and RAM.

Also, I'm not sure about what kind of RAM a B450 board supports, so that might have some issues with 100% working with the RAM you buy.  My friend with a pretty good x570 ASUS mobo and a 3700x can't do 3600MHz, only 3200MHz (which is where official support ends and the minimum it can do).  Anything above 3200 on x570 is up to silicon lottery.

Yeah sorry, I don't have any good ideas yet, but the rest of my budget would be for a new case, a new, bigger RGB MOBA, a better SSD (idk a lot but NVME is the best right?), and then other flashy stuff like RGB lighting and an RGB GPU backplate, etc...

I can still cancel the PSU and Fans i ordered

Also, my CPU tends to get pretty hot with the stock cooler, do I need liquid cooling? and if not or if so, what are good options for either?

5 minutes ago, vinit6694skr said:

Overkill but you are future proof enough to upgrade to a higher end GPU and CPU later on.

Ok that's what I was going for, but everyone I talked to was like, "850W?!?!"

6 minutes ago, vinit6694skr said:

You can run a 3950x and a 2080ti on a 450w PSU. There is no need for more than 650w unless you are going dor a THreadripper/dual gpus.

6 minutes ago, gloop said:

You can run a 3950x and a 2080ti on a 450w PSU. There is no need for more than 650w unless you are going dor a THreadripper/dual gpus.

So I can go with a 650W 80+ Gold and never need to upgrade it?

4 minutes ago, ItsSticKeh said:

Yeah sorry, I don't have any good ideas yet, but the rest of my budget would be for a new case, a new, bigger RGB MOBA, a better SSD (idk a lot but NVME is the best right?), and then other flashy stuff like RGB lighting and an RGB GPU backplate, etc...

I can still cancel the PSU and Fans i ordered

I would say Corsair fans are really overpriced, plus they use proprietary RGB cables which means you need to buy more Corsair stuff to get RGB to work as intended (like the Commander Pro you already plan on getting).  But if you like them you like them, this is all subjective and it's your money to spend :P

NVME SSDs generally are the best, and your Kingston one is not super good :P  I would get something with a Phison E12 controller like the Silicon Power P34A80.  I really don't like SM2262EN controller SSDs like the XPG SX8200 Pro.  Samsung drives are good too but are also quite a bit more expensive.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13759/comparing-adata-sx8200-pro-vs-hp-ex950/10

The PSU is still up to you.  850w is a lot of power, and unless you're going threadripper and a Titan GPU, you won't even scratch half it's usable power output.

11 minutes ago, ItsSticKeh said:

So I can go with a 650W 80+ Gold and never need to upgrade it?

Well, you already have it ordered so kepp the PSU, its good quality and should last you 5+ years.

21 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

I would say Corsair fans are really overpriced, plus they use proprietary RGB cables which means you need to buy more Corsair stuff to get RGB to work as intended (like the Commander Pro you already plan on getting).  But if you like them you like them, this is all subjective and it's your money to spend :P

NVME SSDs generally are the best, and your Kingston one is not super good :P  I would get something with a Phison E12 controller like the Silicon Power P34A80.  I really don't like SM2262EN controller SSDs like the XPG SX8200 Pro.  Samsung drives are good too but are also quite a bit more expensive.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13759/comparing-adata-sx8200-pro-vs-hp-ex950/10

The PSU is still up to you.  850w is a lot of power, and unless you're going threadripper and a Titan GPU, you won't even scratch half it's usable power output.

After reading that i know so much less about PC building than i thought haha. I'm open to other options for everything, if you recommend other case fans that look similar, I'll take your word for it :P 

That SSD talk is going right over my head, all i know is NVME good lol and have no clue on how much Gb i shoud get.

And I think I will downgrade my PSU to 650W, I'm not made of money and want to get the best bang for my buc where I can, but i also am at the point where I want a really good PC that looks nice 

@gloop

The PSU I ordered hasn't come in stock yet so i haven't been charged, I can cancel no hassle, I just don't know if it's good price value or if it's pointless to have that much

11 minutes ago, ItsSticKeh said:

After reading that i know so much less about PC building than i thought haha. I'm open to other options for everything, if you recommend other case fans that look similar, I'll take your word for it :P 

That SSD talk is going right over my head, all i know is NVME good lol and have no clue on how much Gb i shoud get.

And I think I will downgrade my PSU to 650W, I'm not made of money and want to get the best bang for my buc where I can, but i also am at the point where I want a really good PC that looks nice 

If you can, try sourcing for a Silicon Power P34A80, 512GB or 1TB, or even 2TB is up to you.  Only you know your needs.

For casing, looks are extremely subjective, so maybe you could list a few you like the look of and we can go from there.

6 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

If you can, try sourcing for a Silicon Power P34A80, 512GB or 1TB, or even 2TB is up to you.  Only you know your needs.

For casing, looks are extremely subjective, so maybe you could list a few you like the look of and we can go from there.

I just don't know the benefits, I heard you want a fast SSD and to not downloads all of your games on it as it will slow them down the more full it gets. 

I saw the NZXT H510i case and i like the tempered glass, the uniform black, and apparently it has like a smart device for RGB ligthing pre built? i jsut don't know if that works with the case fans i selected and can sub out for Commander Pro

Also, my CPU gets too hot right now and i only have the stock cooler, do i need liquid cooling? or would a better cpu fan be anough?

Just now, ItsSticKeh said:

I just don't know the benefits, I heard you want a fast SSD and to not downloads all of your games on it as it will slow them down the more full it gets. 

I saw the NZXT H510i case and i like the tempered glass, the uniform black, and apparently it has like a smart device for RGB ligthing pre built? i jsut don't know if that works with the case fans i selected and can sub out for Commander Pro

Also, my CPU gets too hot right now and i only have the stock cooler, do i need liquid cooling? or would a better cpu fan be anough?

NVME SSDs use many more PCIE lanes to transfer data.  A normal SATA SSD does about 550MB/s, while a good NVME SSD can do about 3500MB/s.  The high end parts do about 5500MB/s but those are not really a good purchase now due to the amount of heat the controller generates, requiring massive cooling heatsinks on the SSDs themself.  NVME is only a transfer protocol however, but it is made specifically for SSDs in mind, with a lot of other optimizations.

HOWEVER, on day to day usage, and even loading games, you won't feel the difference between a good SATA SSD and a NVME one.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1893-pcie-4-vs-pcie-3-ssd/

The NZZXT H150i (or one that looks very very similar to it, and has a similar name too, I can't remember, might just be this one exact model) is a known hot hot case.  Hot as in there's no proper air intake so everything is hotter inside the case.  I wouldn't recommend it TBH.

Regarding your CPU, what temps are you getting right now?  How hot is too hot?  If RGB is the way you want to go, an AIO is the only way you're getting it aside from the stock Wraith RGB cooler.

10 hours ago, Samfisher said:

NVME SSDs use many more PCIE lanes to transfer data.  A normal SATA SSD does about 550MB/s, while a good NVME SSD can do about 3500MB/s.  The high end parts do about 5500MB/s but those are not really a good purchase now due to the amount of heat the controller generates, requiring massive cooling heatsinks on the SSDs themself.  NVME is only a transfer protocol however, but it is made specifically for SSDs in mind, with a lot of other optimizations.

HOWEVER, on day to day usage, and even loading games, you won't feel the difference between a good SATA SSD and a NVME one.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1893-pcie-4-vs-pcie-3-ssd/

The NZZXT H150i (or one that looks very very similar to it, and has a similar name too, I can't remember, might just be this one exact model) is a known hot hot case.  Hot as in there's no proper air intake so everything is hotter inside the case.  I wouldn't recommend it TBH.

Regarding your CPU, what temps are you getting right now?  How hot is too hot?  If RGB is the way you want to go, an AIO is the only way you're getting it aside from the stock Wraith RGB cooler.

Ok then I need to upgrade my MOBO as it only has 2 PCI-E slots, mine isn't considered that good of a SATA SSD though right? So should i upgrade to a better SARA SSD or a NVME one?

Yeah see that's oe of those things you just don't hear about or notice until you have it, ty for telling me that

Well on Warzone I get like 72C CPU and 64C GPU, my PSU says Very High for usage and my game freezes and crashes every 3 games or so

Also, what do you think of the Rosewill 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply?

72c on CPU and 64c on GPU is pretty cool actually.  Not sure what triggers "Very High" on your psu monitoring however.  That PC shouldn't take more than 300w.

Warzone is also quite badly made...it has a lot of random crashing issues with no reason why.  Rosewill makes pretty decent budget stuff.  Might want to check reviews for the specific model however.

On the matter of storage, a good SATA SSD like the MX500 is more than enough for the vast majority of people.  NVME speeds are really only noticeable right now in large file copies, which isn't a typical use case.

2 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

72c on CPU and 64c on GPU is pretty cool actually.  Not sure what triggers "Very High" on your psu monitoring however.  That PC shouldn't take more than 300w.

Warzone is also quite badly made...it has a lot of random crashing issues with no reason why.  Rosewill makes pretty decent budget stuff.  Might want to check reviews for the specific model however.

On the matter of storage, a good SATA SSD like the MX500 is more than enough for the vast majority of people.  NVME speeds are really only noticeable right now in large file copies, which isn't a typical use case.

Ok thank you very much for helping me out, yeah I my game freezes on Warzone and if I'm not running low settings at 100 fps cap I crash, I still get random freezes for 1 second long, but they go away instead of crashing. My RAM is at 75% usage for 2 x 8Gb at 3000MHz, CPU at 60% usage, and GPU at 10% usage, 100% disk space usage on my 1Tb HDD 7200 RPM

I looked at the reviews and they're mostly good, buyt they said people stray away from Rosewill bcs of the brand itself

OK i'll look up that SSD

What do you think of the Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic Case?