Troubleshooting help

topperj

When playing GTAV Online, I get a windows sound like a device is disconnecting and reconnecting. This then causes a pause in the game for a second or two. This happens fairly regularly. At first I thought it was my keyboard since that would completely lose power, I got a new one and no longer have the issue with the keyboard, but I am still running into issues with a device(s) disconnecting and reconnecting. I think it may be one of my webcams, I've updated drivers, but I don't know why it would continue to happen or cause the game to freeze. Any help would be much appreciated. 

P.S. I get that disconnect/reconnect sound when not gaming just don't get any lag at that time. 

If a USB disconnect/reconnect is enough to cause your system to lag if under load, a weak CPU might be to blame. If your OS is installed on an HDD, that may also be to blame. Maybe give some more information about your system?

1 minute ago, alabistyr said:

If a USB disconnect/reconnect is enough to cause your system to lag if under load, a weak CPU might be to blame. If your OS is installed on an HDD, that may also be to blame. Maybe give some more information about your system?

I don't know if thats the case just what it sounds like.

I have a Ryzen 5 3600 with Windows 10 installed on a 500GB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 with nothing else on it

4 minutes ago, topperj said:

I don't know if thats the case just what it sounds like.

I have a Ryzen 5 3600 with Windows 10 installed on a 500GB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 with nothing else on it

In which case, there might be something specific about the USB device which is disconnecting. Your system is plenty fast. Try to figure out which device is causing issues. I've had similar problems with old USB drives whose pins aren't what they used to be.

Try disconnecting one by one all your usb connected devices while your playing. It will narrow down to the culprit device.