To upgrade or not to upgrade...

Below is my current system that I put together about 4 years ago or so. I'm a very casual gamer and my current system is struggling with Warzone. I'm just wondering if there's anything that could be upgraded to increase performance without going into full system build. Vid card, RAM, CPU? Any input appreciated. 

Intel Core i5-6500 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor

ASRock H170A-X1/3.1 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2133 Memory

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

XFX Radeon RX 480 8 GB Black Edition Video Card

Deepcool KENDOMEN ATX Mid Tower Case
SSD Samsung 150 gig

EVGA 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

yes there are some things that you can upgrade with your current setup. What is your budget and currency? 

1 hour ago, tank234 said:

yes there are some things that you can upgrade with your current setup. What is your budget and currency? 

Cdn pesos. I haven't thought much about budget. Just looking at the options then I'll decide based on the cost. Thanks. 

Just to know, struggling in warzone means what, exactly? Resolution and graphic quality? Because if you don't mind reducing the graphics to low/medium, especially if you are a "very casual gamer", you could extend the life of the system for a few extra months and wait for the new GPUs and new CPUs to be released. Then you can grab a used current gen for much cheaper.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Holy hell, just searched for an i7-4790k for sale and the prices are like £200-£300....for a massively out of date CPU.  For that price you might as well buy a cheap B450 board and a Ryzen 3 performance would likely be similar.

Yeah frankly your system is old, and if you want to update you might as well wait for the end of the year and buy an entirely new system rather than trying to limp along with something that realistically you would want to replace so much on in any event that there would barely be anything left.

The only things that you would keep are your case and power supply.  The upgrade path for Intel on your motherboard is quite limited and apparently, at least in the UK, massively overpriced.

This is a list I threw together, just looking for reasonably priced stuff:

So $1,160 and you have replaced everything in your system that matters and will have a machine for a few years.

Or pick out what you want from the list.

28 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Just to know, struggling in warzone means what, exactly? Resolution and graphic quality? Because if you don't mind reducing the graphics to low/medium, especially if you are a "very casual gamer", you could extend the life of the system for a few extra months and wait for the new GPUs and new CPUs to be released. Then you can grab a used current gen for much cheaper.

I've reduced my graphics quality and settings to try and improve gameplay. It has helped a bit. Only so much you can do with older systems :)

Also bear in mind, if you can struggle on to the end of the year, lot of new stuff coming, CPUs and GPUs so the prices listed above may fall to reflect the fact that they are older.

Though not sure AMD CPUs will fall much, as they are pretty competitively priced anyway.

18 hours ago, Dravinian said:

Also bear in mind, if you can struggle on to the end of the year, lot of new stuff coming, CPUs and GPUs so the prices listed above may fall to reflect the fact that they are older.

Though not sure AMD CPUs will fall much, as they are pretty competitively priced anyway.

Good to know. I think I can manage until new hardware is out 😀