Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Torrent

Best Sub 200 GBP phone (with oled)

Posted · Original PosterOP

One that comes to mind for me is a Samsung a8 which you can get for sub200 easily now.

but what else is out there what else is better? Ideally with an oled.

dong ask what I want from a phone as I won’t be buying it, I’m just curious what in your opinion is cheap, ideally oled and better than a Samsung a8.

.Waiting for intel 7nm, navi 23, zen 11...

Updated: Too long ago

Alienware 17r5

3700x/1080

500D SE/3600/1060 STRIX VERTICAL/AG352UCG6 120hz 1440p gsync ultrawide / TOO MUCH RGB

A few negligible workstation builds

Gaming Routers are Stupid

I have a RGB Problem

/pcmasterrace /widescreenmasterrace

Audiophile, EL8 Titanium go to drivers for weight to performance ratio.

Music Setup Cubase 10 PRO, Adam A8X, Adam Sub8.

I dont ask stupid questions, I just word them stupid so you think its stupid.

im not stupid your stupid calling me stupid stupid

Why are you still reading this this is prob all wildly outdated as i just found out how to change signature and ill prob never be bothered again hahahahhahahahaa.

The word "Gaming" and anything around it is cringe. E.G

I'm a gamer les go play fortnite. In cringe 9 year old voice.

I want a Gaming Computer to play fortnite. In cringe 9 year old voice.

Gaming is dumb enthusiast is cool.

Whitebread > Brownbread

Coffee>Tea

PoachedEgg>FriedEgg

Idk how many lines this is im not counting im prob breaking rules #rebel

20 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

One that comes to mind for me is a Samsung a8 which you can get for sub200 easily now.

dong ask what I want from a phone as I won’t be buying it, I’m just curious what in your opinion is cheap, ideally oled and better than a Samsung a8.

Xiaomi Redmi and Realme in my experience will have better performance and cameras, with the phones themselves being hit-or-miss. at 200 GBP It really depends if the phone is or isn't on sale, but I'd say that at the pricepoint they won't come with OLED displays, but at least with IPS. 

Pros (generalized): 

- Usually a better chipset and cooling system

- Usually better cameras

- Sleaker, more sexy design (relative, but the bezels will be thinner)

- Very decent IPS display

- Can be more functional in some senses (specific software for tasks pre-installed, such as as a performance booster (raises CPU and GPU clocks) if you like gaming on it)

- They have larger displays, usually with higher Gorilla glass ratings than Samsung.

Cons (Also generalized):

- In the UK prices may be higher than in the US

- Availability can be iffy

- Warranties are usually non-existent

- Lack of a proper Ip rating

- Likely no OLED screen

When I ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List

Build: Craptastic Intel i7-4785T, 12gb of Laptop 1333 mhz ddr3 Ram, and HD 4000 Graphics. 

If you're not buying it, why does it matter?

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, The Torrent said:

A short 2 minute jaunt on Amazon UK yielded easy results:

Galaxy M30s

Galaxy A40

The more expensive one is the better one (duh)

I an not from and do not live in the UK or Europe. I have never been to the UK

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

If you really need OLED then yeah the Samsung A series is the way to go. But if you're searching for a phone at £200, screen should be the second or third component in the list.

My choices would probably be the Redmi note 8 pro, Redmi note 9s, realme 6 and poco f1 only if you're into budget gaming.

Budget build
CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G
iGPU: Vega 11
Ram: Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666mhz dual channel
MB: Gigabyte ga-a320m s2h v2
SSD: Crucial 240GB
PSU: Cheap 500W
Case: Cougar MX330-G

2 hours ago, EL02 said:

If you really need OLED then yeah the Samsung A series is the way to go. But if you're searching for a phone at £200, screen should be the second or third component in the list.

My choices would probably be the Redmi note 8 pro, Redmi note 9s, realme 6 and poco f1 only if you're into budget gaming.

what should be above screen?

Alienware 17r5

3700x/1080

500D SE/3600/1060 STRIX VERTICAL/AG352UCG6 120hz 1440p gsync ultrawide / TOO MUCH RGB

I have a RGB Problem

Why are you still reading this this is prob all wildly outdated as i just found out how to change signature and ill prob never be bothered again hahahahhahahahaa.

Whitebread > Brownbread

Coffee>Tea

PoachedEgg>FriedEgg

4 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

Chipset or battery life. My view is that if you're on a budget you want the best possible longevity. So a better cpu would make your phone last longer and bigger battery-> less cycles -> less degredation -> faster overall phone.

Budget build
PSU: Cheap 500W
Case: Cougar MX330-G

12 hours ago, The Torrent said:

Why would you want OLED exactly? It's be a bad panel at that price an IPS would be better.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

44 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

How about...

• OLED screen that can save power and display absolute black and vivid colors
  • Same chipset as the more expensive Galaxy A51
  • Expandable storage
  • 6,000mAh battery (no typo here)
  • Brand new, unlocked, with warranty

You can already get it for £200 shipped

Maybe some dickboys are saying you should get something else. But until they can provide you with a listing for their suggestion that is within your requested budget, they really are not bringing anything to the table at all...

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

How about...

• Expandable storage

Maybe some dickboys are saying you should get something else. But until they can provide you with a listing for their suggestion that is within your requested budget, they really are not bringing anything to the table at all...

Only has a Exynos chipset though, 3GB of ram on the bottom model and the battery is 5,000 not 6,000. Also has a bad camera.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_m30-9505.php

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

Only has a Exynos chipset though, 3GB of ram on the bottom model and the battery is 5,000 not 6,000. Also has a bad camera.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_m30-9505.php

Galaxy M30s

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_m30s-9818.php

🙂🙃🙂😉

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

Still exynos and still 4GB of RAM which isn't comfy on android. 

If thats how you think, why not find the OP something you deem comfy that retails for £200 or less?

As far as he is concerned, he is looking for something better than the Galaxy A8 for under £200 that still has an OLED screen. To that end I have delivered.

I am here to satisfy his request, not yours 😎

40 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

If thats how you think, why not find the OP something you deem comfy that retails for £200 or less?

As far as he is concerned, he is looking for something better than the Galaxy A8 for under £200 that still has an OLED screen. To that end I have delivered.

I am here to satisfy his request, not yours 😎

“dong ask what I want from a phone as I won’t be buying it, I’m just curious what in your opinion is cheap, ideally oled and better than a Samsung a8.“

22 hours ago, huilun02 said:

How about...

• Expandable storage

How would you say that compared to e.g Samsung s9 if I can get one of those for about £220? I know it’s 20 quid over but does it still have a fighting chance?

Alienware 17r5

3700x/1080

I have a RGB Problem

Whitebread > Brownbread

Coffee>Tea

PoachedEgg>FriedEgg

20 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

How would you say that compared to e.g Samsung s9 if I can get one of those for about £220? I know it’s 20 quid over but does it still have a fighting chance?

Only if longevity is super important to you

The S9 is superior in every way. Except for the battery which starts out at half of what the M30s has. And if it's a used device, expect a worn battery that cannot functionally resemble what the battery rating suggests.

48 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Only if longevity is super important to you

The S9 is superior in every way. Except for the battery which starts out at half of what the M30s has. And if it's a used device, expect a worn battery that cannot functionally resemble what the battery rating suggests.

But the M30 has a worse chipset that’ll have to run harder making it a more hungry chipset and a battery draining screen. 

17 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

But the M30 has a worse chipset that’ll have to run harder making it a more hungry chipset and a battery draining screen. 

That is not how it turns out in reality...

Please stop with your unproven sweeping statements

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

That is not how it turns out in reality...

Please stop with your unproven sweeping statements

It has a low end quad core that’s Exynos which has to run at a higher power state more often than the higher end chips and a high res screen that depletes battery even though the res is utterly pointless. 

12 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

It has a low end quad core that’s Exynos which has to run at a higher power state more often than the higher end chips and a high res screen that depletes battery even though the res is utterly pointless. 

Ok you asked for it...

gsmarean_437.jpg

gsmarena_001.jpg

gsmarena_171.jpg

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Ok you asked for it...

gsmarean_437.jpg

gsmarena_001.jpg

gsmarena_171.jpg

I love the fact that you added the SE stats

Budget build