Best Sub 200 GBP phone (with oled)

The Torrent

One that comes to mind for me is a Samsung a8 which you can get for sub200 easily now.

but what else is out there what else is better? Ideally with an oled.

dong ask what I want from a phone as I won’t be buying it, I’m just curious what in your opinion is cheap, ideally oled and better than a Samsung a8.

20 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

One that comes to mind for me is a Samsung a8 which you can get for sub200 easily now.

dong ask what I want from a phone as I won’t be buying it, I’m just curious what in your opinion is cheap, ideally oled and better than a Samsung a8.

Xiaomi Redmi and Realme in my experience will have better performance and cameras, with the phones themselves being hit-or-miss. at 200 GBP It really depends if the phone is or isn't on sale, but I'd say that at the pricepoint they won't come with OLED displays, but at least with IPS. 

Pros (generalized): 

- Usually a better chipset and cooling system

- Usually better cameras

- Sleaker, more sexy design (relative, but the bezels will be thinner)

- Very decent IPS display

- Can be more functional in some senses (specific software for tasks pre-installed, such as as a performance booster (raises CPU and GPU clocks) if you like gaming on it)

- They have larger displays, usually with higher Gorilla glass ratings than Samsung.

Cons (Also generalized):

- In the UK prices may be higher than in the US

- Availability can be iffy

- Warranties are usually non-existent

- Lack of a proper Ip rating

- Likely no OLED screen

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

If you're not buying it, why does it matter?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

If you really need OLED then yeah the Samsung A series is the way to go. But if you're searching for a phone at £200, screen should be the second or third component in the list.

My choices would probably be the Redmi note 8 pro, Redmi note 9s, realme 6 and poco f1 only if you're into budget gaming.

2 hours ago, EL02 said:

If you really need OLED then yeah the Samsung A series is the way to go. But if you're searching for a phone at £200, screen should be the second or third component in the list.

My choices would probably be the Redmi note 8 pro, Redmi note 9s, realme 6 and poco f1 only if you're into budget gaming.

what should be above screen?

4 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

what should be above screen?

Chipset or battery life. My view is that if you're on a budget you want the best possible longevity. So a better cpu would make your phone last longer and bigger battery-> less cycles -> less degredation -> faster overall phone.

12 hours ago, The Torrent said:

Why would you want OLED exactly? It's be a bad panel at that price an IPS would be better.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

8 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

How about...

• OLED screen that can save power and display absolute black and vivid colors
  • Same chipset as the more expensive Galaxy A51
  • Expandable storage
  • 6,000mAh battery (no typo here)
  • Brand new, unlocked, with warranty

You can already get it for £200 shipped

Maybe some dickboys are saying you should get something else. But until they can provide you with a listing for their suggestion that is within your requested budget, they really are not bringing anything to the table at all...

Only has a Exynos chipset though, 3GB of ram on the bottom model and the battery is 5,000 not 6,000. Also has a bad camera.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_m30-9505.php

40 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

If thats how you think, why not find the OP something you deem comfy that retails for £200 or less?

As far as he is concerned, he is looking for something better than the Galaxy A8 for under £200 that still has an OLED screen. To that end I have delivered.

I am here to satisfy his request, not yours 😎

“dong ask what I want from a phone as I won’t be buying it, I’m just curious what in your opinion is cheap, ideally oled and better than a Samsung a8.“

22 hours ago, huilun02 said:

How about...

• OLED screen that can save power and display absolute black and vivid colors
  • Same chipset as the more expensive Galaxy A51
  • Expandable storage
  • 6,000mAh battery (no typo here)
  • Brand new, unlocked, with warranty

You can already get it for £200 shipped

Maybe some dickboys are saying you should get something else. But until they can provide you with a listing for their suggestion that is within your requested budget, they really are not bringing anything to the table at all...

How would you say that compared to e.g Samsung s9 if I can get one of those for about £220? I know it’s 20 quid over but does it still have a fighting chance?

48 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Only if longevity is super important to you

The S9 is superior in every way. Except for the battery which starts out at half of what the M30s has. And if it's a used device, expect a worn battery that cannot functionally resemble what the battery rating suggests.

But the M30 has a worse chipset that’ll have to run harder making it a more hungry chipset and a battery draining screen. 

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

That is not how it turns out in reality...

Please stop with your unproven sweeping statements

It has a low end quad core that’s Exynos which has to run at a higher power state more often than the higher end chips and a high res screen that depletes battery even though the res is utterly pointless. 

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Ok you asked for it...

gsmarean_437.jpg

gsmarena_001.jpg

gsmarena_171.jpg

I love the fact that you added the SE stats