Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JeffStandley

Help me build a video editing (gaming) PC for around $2000

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Budget (including currency): $2000 USD

Country: USA

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Adobe Premiere and gaming

Other details: Finally looking to build a nice PC after a few years and I have no idea where to start anymore. No idea whats compatible, what to stay away from and what I should get so that I don't end up with a bottle neck that could of been avoided.

I will mostly be doing video editing and some occasional gaming with my son. I would like to go with the AMD Ryzen 9 3900 but from there I do not know. I loved the live build they did the other day but some things can be moved around. I don't need the case and I could probably keep SATA or regular SSD instead of moving to the gen 4 SSD.

I also love the overall white build, I'd love to stick with that aesthetic. Not a deal breaker if not. 
I'd love a higher end video card but I don't know that I need the $1200 one they showed. 2070 or 2080? 

 

When it comes to motherboards I have no clue what to look for anymore. What will be the best one for the Ryzen 9? What do I need it to have? X570?

 

I was looking at this case. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MDS8L83/?coliid=I2T7R88M0QMJM3&colid=2FCUKNQC4C8N4&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

 

This cooler

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R6YLDDS/?coliid=I3VSOG0SCPAIHW&colid=2FCUKNQC4C8N4&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

 

Memory

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D5RBR2P/?coliid=I3SK1T9SNGOBTG&colid=2FCUKNQC4C8N4&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For Premier, Make sure to get a GPU with the turing Nvenc encoder at the very least.


At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Jae Tee said:

For Premier, Make sure to get a GPU with the turing Nvenc encoder at the very least.

Thank you! I had no idea to look out for this. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JeffStandley said:

Thank you! I had no idea to look out for this. 

It is a new feature that has just been released, so a 1650 super or above.  


At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JeffStandley said:

Is the x570 necessary? I know they're nice but what am I giving up if I go lower?

 

If you get a said gpu with Turing nvenc, there’s no point. Unless you get a gen4 ssd

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($417.03 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON MAX WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Team MP34 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB KO GAMING Video Card  ($709.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($121.49 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1903.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-01 22:51 EDT-0400


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Biostar X370GT7 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 6/1/2020 at 7:52 PM, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($417.03 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON MAX WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Team MP34 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB KO GAMING Video Card  ($709.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($159.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($121.49 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1903.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-01 22:51 EDT-0400

Thank you! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×