How much longer can rx570/ 1060 hold up?

dfsgsfa

I own  a gtx970 which is on par with 570/5500xt /1650s etc.

it can still hold up very well at 60fps high settings on most titles.

being a 6 yr old card holding this kink of perf, I realy cant find an excuse to upgrade...

8 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

being a 6 yr old card holding this kink of perf, I realy cant find an excuse to upgrade...

To be fair its 2020 i think you should upgrade because the 970 is not as good as it was obviously cuz of how old it is and how old its architecture is. If you see no reason for an upgrade then simply dont upgrade but im afraid this card wont hold up for much longer unless your ok with playing lower resolutions or lower settings

9 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

I have a 1060 SC and it is starting to show it age, I got it a few years a go and now I get around 90 fps on High to Ultra/Vary high settings. but its also pinged. (usually you don't want any of your components maxed out all the time) Its fine tho beacasue I have 60Hrz monitor so 60fps works fine.

You can pretty much view hardware in terms of console cycles. If you build a build at the beginning of the cycle that is high end then it will last the whole cycle. The gpu will be the weakest link then.

Pretty much lets take this build:

i7 4770

8gb ram

240gb ssd

1tb hdd

R9 290

This system would last the whole cycle without much trouble and do 1080p 60fps starting at ultra settings and ending at medium-high.

Now the new ps5 and xbox x will have a stronger card than your gtx970 by a fair bit so feel safe to assume that in the 1st year after launch you'll start seeing lower and lower performance once the devs move away from the xbox one and ps4.

So pretty much keep going till it becomes an issue.

Just now, Cars Canadian said:

I have a 1060 SC and it is starting to show it age, I got it a few years a go and now I get around 90 fps on High to Ultra/Vary high settings. but its also pinged. (usually you don't want any of your components maxed out all the time) Its fine tho beacasue I have 60Hrz monitor so 60fps works fine.

Maxing your components out is totally fine. They are designed to handle loads. There's plenty of 24/7 desktop systems around that are running just fine.

20 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

be fair its 2020 i think you should upgrade because the 970 is not as good as it was obviously cuz of how old it is and how old its architecture

have been playing at 75hz , mixture of high , ultra and vsync on , the worst game exp (ffxv, yakuza2) so far is 40ish fps..

i expect newer 1650s/5500xt has similar perf

18 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

have been playing at 75hz , mixture of high , ultra and vsync on , the worst game exp (ffxv, yakuza2) so far is 40ish fps..

i expect newer 1650s/5500xt has similar perf

well the 1650s/5500xt part im not sure of but if you are happy with your rig definitely dont upgrade