Ryzen 3900x worth it?

Hey there gang.

Recently my MOBO+CPU has failed (not sure yet, a CPU dummy substitute on the way, but i'm starting to think about upgrading) and i need to buy something new.

My previous configuration was a Rampage V + i7 5820k @4.5ghz daily. I also rock a Sapphire Vega64 Nitro+ and 16GB Dominator @3000.

Mainly, the use of this pc would be 4K gaming (on a 4K native monitor) and heavy coding session (Deep Learning/Machine Learnng & Computer Vision operation mostly)

Looking at the best i can get RN i stucked with the 3900x and im considering if this is worth the price or a 3800x is pretty much the same

(in my country, the 3900x is priced around 450€ while the 3800x around 330€).

Also, if i'd like to overclock, what should be a good motherboard candidate? Since i'm used to the Rampage V i'd like something similar but in the price range of

350€.

Also, is the i7 9700k / i9 9900k an option? or this round AMD blew up everything?

Thank you all for your suggests.

depends on your use case. is it a gaming pc? do you do any productivity stuff as well (like video editing)?

6 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

depends on your use case. is it a gaming pc? do you do any productivity stuff as well (like video editing)?

Edited the main post. The use of this would be 4K gaming on a 4K native monitor and heavy coding sessions.

13 hours ago, Asynchbr said:

Edited the main post. The use of this would be 4K gaming on a 4K native monitor and heavy coding sessions.

i think a 3700x would be good enough for what you need. ivest the money in a more powerful gpu if you game on 4k

23 hours ago, Asynchbr said:

Mainly, the use of this pc would be 4K gaming (on a 4K native monitor) and heavy coding session (Deep Learning/Machine Learnng & Computer Vision operation mostly)

A 3700x should be more than enough for that. Also, if you're doing ML, you'll need a new nvidia GPU.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga