all games locked at 4FPS

Pesky Ngon
my friend installed a new SSD for game storage (windows still on old drive) and now all his games run at 3-5FPS, even in menus, no matter what graphics settings are used.
he has a quad core and 1060 3GB. any ideas what could cause this?
before he had well over 100 fps in most games he played.

is there an easy fix other than a fresh windows install?

Probably it could be some Drivers Issue he Could Get an Update if he already did then I have no Idea 😔

3 minutes ago, Pesky Ngon said:
my friend installed a new SSD for game storage (windows still on old drive) and now all his games run at 3-5FPS, even in menus, no matter what graphics settings are used.

i think theres an issue where the games have to commnicate with windows but its on another drive so its causing issues.

7 minutes ago, lamphouse99 said:

i think theres an issue where the games have to commnicate with windows but its on another drive so its causing issues.

Unlikely as ive got my games on another drive since before Windows XP. ;)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

48 minutes ago, Pesky Ngon said:

Has he checked to ensure he's using the video output from the graphics card, and not the one from the motherboard? Have we performed a full clean install of Windows and graphics drivers to rule out software compatibility issues? If not, check both of those things and report back. :)

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

42 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Has he checked to ensure he's using the video output from the graphics card, and not the one from the motherboard? Have we performed a full clean install of Windows and graphics drivers to rule out software compatibility issues? If not, check both of those things and report back. :)

he just installed new storage. i dont see why this would have any effect on the other stuff?

btw, i did something in the registry that someone recommended. this now means he has great performance when in windowed mode, but fullscreen slows him to a crawl again,

It does sound like for some reason its using integrated graphics or something of the sort. reinstalled graphics drivers? even if you cant see it being the problem, its worth doing  Like another poster suggested has your friend outputted out the graphics card? Let us know when youve checked these things.

7 minutes ago, rahl97 said:

It does sound like for some reason its using integrated graphics or something of the sort. reinstalled graphics drivers? even if you cant see it being the problem, its worth doing  Like another poster suggested has your friend outputted out the graphics card? Let us know when youve checked these things.

yeah ill try DDU tomorrow. he shouldnt have moved the cable just to install an ssd but ill ask him

21 hours ago, rahl97 said:

hi again. his pc was in a hard to reach spot so he unplugged it to install SSD, he had plugged the GPU into the wrong spot and this fixed most games, however warzone is still the same as before, despite the fact the settings say its using the 1060. so still a bit lost. currently in the process of uninstalling and re installing but dont know if that will fix it.