Bios flashing on RTX ?

jhinfex

Can you flash bios of a RTX 2060 to a different RTX 2060 ?

Why would you want to?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, jhinfex said:

Can you flash bios of a RTX 2060 to a different RTX 2060 ?

I believe that you are referring to the vBIOS of this graphics card, what version of the card do you have (please include the manufacturer and model)?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

8 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

I believe that you are referring to the vBIOS of this graphics card, what version of the card do you have (please include the manufacturer and model)?

9 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Why would you want to?

So I have an RTX 2060 zotac that the power limits greyed out. I wonder if i can flash it and give me a bit more performance 

https://www.zotac.com/product/graphics_card/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-2060-1

5 minutes ago, jhinfex said:

So I have an RTX 2060 zotac that the power limits greyed out. I wonder if i can flash it and give me a bit more performance 

all RTX 2060 models have the power limit greyed out, since turing that's been the case.

Also, be sure to quote us so we can see your responses.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

all RTX 2060 models have the power limit greyed out, since turing that's been the case.

But when I go to Techpowerup Vbios collection, some RTXs have the power limits +abcd% not +0%

I don't know, maybe you are right  :)

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Interesting, didnt know that.

On that note, i have a Strix 2060 and can up the power limit using asus gpu tweak (i think to like 120% or so, not sure havent tinkered with it in a while). I do remember when doing that that hw monitor indicated max wattage  went up by 20-50w depending on load type. Never kept it in use though as even though it would boost just 50mhz higher it wouldnt sustain it due to temps and thus falling back to 1900 and thus figured i was better of at 2050mhz sustained.

But now i wonder if my observations where just coincidence after your statement?

23 minutes ago, jhinfex said:

Aside from it being possible to reflash, and regardless of turing allows it at all or not, ask yourself the question if running the vrm on the custom design beyond its design limits is a good idea, especially considering that the cooling solution was not designed to cope with the additional heat.

Combinarion of these two dont bode well for any noticeable gain vs the extra consumption / noise it woukd bring, aside of the risk of possibly bricking the card if it doesnt pan out well.

In short: id advise against it, and dont think your missing out on noticable performance gains.