ASRock b450m hdv r4.0 not booting

Sam Searle

From my Reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/g2mtat/asrock_b450m_hdvr40_wont_boot/

Parts:
ASRock b450m hdv,-r4.0 motherboard,
Amd ryzen 3 2200g,
Gskill 2x4 3200mhz ram,

I have replaced everything but the case

I have used this computer for about 6 months and one day it doesn't boot. I go throught all the regular troubleshooting steps. Reseat the ram, cables, plug in the case speaker and listen for beeps. Remove all the ram and listen for beeps. Nothing. So I thought "must be the motherboard" so I check and it still has warranty so I send it to ASRock and they send a new one back with updated bios to make sure that wasn't a problem as well. I put it all back together and I have the same issue. The fans spin and no beeps. I do the same troubleshooting steps to no avail. So I send the CPU back to amd. I got that back today and it STILL has the same issue. My question is what do I do now? Do I request a boot kit do I replace something else? I don't know what to do at this point.

1 hour ago, Sam Searle said:

From my Reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/g2mtat/asrock_b450m_hdvr40_wont_boot/

Parts:
ASRock b450m hdv,-r4.0 motherboard,
Amd ryzen 3 2200g,
Gskill 2x4 3200mhz ram,

I have replaced everything but the case

I have used this computer for about 6 months and one day it doesn't boot. I go throught all the regular troubleshooting steps. Reseat the ram, cables, plug in the case speaker and listen for beeps. Remove all the ram and listen for beeps. Nothing. So I thought "must be the motherboard" so I check and it still has warranty so I send it to ASRock and they send a new one back with updated bios to make sure that wasn't a problem as well. I put it all back together and I have the same issue. The fans spin and no beeps. I do the same troubleshooting steps to no avail. So I send the CPU back to amd. I got that back today and it STILL has the same issue. My question is what do I do now? Do I request a boot kit do I replace something else? I don't know what to do at this point.

Hi,

First things first- are you getting into bios /  monitor gets the signal but stays black or nothing at all (only fans)?

Ryzen 5 3600 || Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2060 Super || B450A-PRO || G.SKILL Ripjaws 3200MHz CL15 2x8GB

17 minutes ago, shark103 said:

Hi,

First things first- are you getting into bios /  monitor gets the signal but stays black or nothing at all (only fans)?

No I'm an not getting into the bios. The monitor stays black and the fans all spin

On 4/17/2020 at 12:46 AM, Sam Searle said:

No I'm an not getting into the bios. The monitor stays black and the fans all spin

Did you try putting only one stick of ram at the time ? Make sure you put the ram in correct slot when putting only one stick.

Did you try min setup to check if you get into bios at least - min setup I mean mobo+cpu+one ram+psu ofc but no gpu, no drive etc. Did you try to reset bios (i know you got new mobo but we need to make sure that's it in default setting.

Ryzen 5 3600 || Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2060 Super || B450A-PRO || G.SKILL Ripjaws 3200MHz CL15 2x8GB

3 minutes ago, shark103 said:

Did you try putting only one stick of ram at the time ? Make sure you put the ram in correct slot when putting only one stick.

Did you try min setup to check if you get into bios at least - min setup I mean mobo+cpu+one ram+psu ofc but no gpu, no drive etc. Did you try to reset bios (i know you got new mobo but we need to make sure that's it in default setting.

Yes I have tried using only one sick at a time. And yes I have done a minimum setup. I have also reset the BIOS.

I got it to post and boot. The ram was the problem.

• 1 month later...

For future people with this build, i hope my notes linked above might help.