PLEASE HELP. Mobo led is green but wont turn on

Cygenta

PLEASE HELP. I have an x79 motherboard with an i7 3930k. It has 4 sticks 4gb each at 1333 mhz. I know the mem works. When I plug it into power, the green. Led lights up. It hasn't been used in a while so I used the bios flashback feature, and it worked correctly to flash the latest bios. The cooler works. I tried to turn  it on, and it didnt do anything. No fan spin or any sign of activity other than the led. I also tried bridging the per and ground pin on the mobo to turn it on, no luck. I thought my problem was the bios, but it went ok, but the pc still wont turn on. ANY HELP WOULD BE IMMENSLY APPRECIATED

Did you try with less ram?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

You tried the various parts in a different machine then?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

How are you certain that the BIOS update went ok, if you can't turn the PC on?

Have you checked with a manual for that board that you are actually bridging the correct pins?

You could also try a different PSU if you have one available.

21 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Did you try with less ram?

Yes I've tried with only one ram stick. I know for sure the ram works.

16 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

You tried the various parts in a different machine then?

Only ram.

10 minutes ago, Arttu89 said:

How are you certain that the BIOS update went ok, if you can't turn the PC on?

Have you checked with a manual for that board that you are actually bridging the correct pins?

You could also try a different PSU if you have one available.

I dont have another psu. I dont know for sure, but the bios button light flashed for about the correct time and in the correct pattern

39 minutes ago, Cygenta said:

Only ram.

? But you’re claiming other parts of the machine are functional.  I’m confused.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

18 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

? But you’re claiming other parts of the machine are functional.  I’m confused.

I only claimed cooler and ram work as intended. The mobo green led lights up and bios update went ok as agar as I can tell.

3 hours ago, Cygenta said:

I only claimed cooler and ram work as intended. The mobo green led lights up and bios update went ok as agar as I can tell.

the 3930k is an antique industrial intel 6/12.  It doesn’t have an iGPU I think.  Would be handy if it did.  Could use the iGPU to test if there is a gpu issue.  Can’t test the PSU, can’t test the gpu.  The ram tests OK, the motherboard is apparently claiming to be OK.  Barring a 3930k specific oddness (it’s old and weird) without being able to do any testing there’s not much that can be tried.  Just about any gpu no matter how old would be a usable test.

I have another very old gpu with an hdmi port. I know my gpu works btw. The other old gpu draws very little power and doesnt even have a gpu power connector. Even so, the pc doesnt turn on with the other gpu.

3 hours ago, Cygenta said:

I have another very old gpu with an hdmi port. I know my gpu works btw. The other old gpu draws very little power and doesnt even have a gpu power connector. Even so, the pc doesnt turn on with the other gpu.

So gpu tested then

Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes gpu was tested but I said the pc wouldn't respond at all to turning it on, let alone from a video output