Cheap mod for external mount of AIO radiators

Jerico64

Hello, 

The problem I had was that despite having the AIO coolers, I would have to game with the side glass panel off because of the heat.

Also, I really hate having to dust the system often and getting to the radiators wasn’t easy enough for my lazy self.

So, this is quite simple. Dremel two rectangular radiator-shaped holes on the top panel grate, put through the rads and fan wires, screw fans in place.

Just make sure to smooth all the sharp edges and use rubber gaskets (large 40mm heat shrink tubing cut in half on the length is ok) to prevent scratching the rads and chafe the fan wires.

As soon the quarantine ends, I will get some vinyl instead of the white paper to seal the top.

Few pictures below, any questions or suggestion welcome!

IMG_20200404_152717.jpg

IMG_20200404_142456.jpg

IMG_20200404_142452.jpg

IMG_20200404_142446.jpg

IMG_20200404_141437.jpg

IMG_20200404_133916.jpg

IMG_20200404_004629.jpg

to each there own i cant image may people doing this but hay i do cray stuff to haha

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

You can get rubber grommets for wires/tubes through sheet metal.  Hardware/farm/home improvement/auto parts should have them by breaker boxes and/or by electrical tools.

I think it looks good, did it help temps?

On 4/10/2020 at 3:54 PM, Sophia_Borjia said:

You can get rubber grommets for wires/tubes through sheet metal.  Hardware/farm/home improvement/auto parts should have them by breaker boxes and/or by electrical tools.

I think it looks good, did it help temps?

Will have to get them as soon the lockdown ends! Temps are almost 20c less!