sudden fps drop from 60 to like 4 in every game.

Recently I encountered a problem, whenever i play a game, no matter what game it is my CPU consumption in task manager is 100% . This issue has occurred before, but at that time i used system restore, It fixed but now i don't have any restore point when i checked and i am unable to play games due to this as my frames keep dropping frequently. I have gtx 1050 with 8 GB RAM and intel i5 8300H.

4 minutes ago, atal_7 said:

Recently I encountered a problem, whenever i play a game, no matter what game it is my CPU consumption in task manager is 100% . This issue has occurred before, but at that time i used system restore, It fixed but now i don't have any restore point when i checked and i am unable to play games due to this as my frames keep dropping frequently. I have gtx 1050 with 8 GB RAM and intel i5 8300H.

What is using the CPU so much? That seems quite relevant in this situation.

Check what programs are using the CPU in Task Manager

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, minibois said:

What is using the CPU so much? That seems quite relevant in this situation.

Check what programs are using the CPU in Task Manager

at ideal state CPU consumption is about 5-15%, but the moment i run any game it reaches 100%.

Just now, atal_7 said:

at ideal state CPU consumption is about 5-15%, but the moment i run any game it reaches 100%.

Then it's probably the game (and its DRM) that is likely quite CPU intensive.

But you still have not mentioned what is using the CPU so much, not even the game title.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

Then it's probably the game (and its DRM) that is likely quite CPU intensive.

But you still have not mentioned what is using the CPU so much, not even the game title.

I've been play apex legends for several months it used run fine till recently, then i checked other games like fifa 19 and rainbow six siege, it showed same 100% cpu usage

5 minutes ago, atal_7 said:

I've been play apex legends for several months it used run fine till recently, then i checked other games like fifa 19 and rainbow six siege, it showed same 100% cpu usage

We are asking for what program was using 100% CPU. When in task manager it displays 100% CPU Usage you can click on the tab and it will bring the highest consuming program in that area to the top. 

10 minutes ago, atal_7 said:

It's a mobile quad core so 100% usage in game (depending whether it's CPU bound) is typical. 

10 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

We are asking for what program was using 100% CPU. When in task manager it displays 100% CPU Usage you can click on the tab and it will bring the highest consuming program in that area to the top. 

my problem is that it causing frame rates to drop from 60 to 4 frequently while gaming. It has never happened before to me.

MVIMG_20200329_185448.jpg

25 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

It's a mobile quad core so 100% usage in game (depending whether it's CPU bound) is typical. 

my problem is that it causing frame rates to drop from 60 to 4 frequently while gaming. It has never happened before to me.

4 minutes ago, atal_7 said:

The problem is not the CPU usage ;) - it's good if it's being used.

I'd search for problems in thermals (how hot is your computer running? Is it throttling?), or power settings (do you have a balanced plan turned on?) Are you playing when plugged in? Are you running Nvidia drivers? (not OEM), Do you have your games on a HDD? - it's a laptop so these are most usual issues when it comes to performance.

4 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

The problem is not the CPU usage ;) - it's good if it's being used.

I'd search for problems in thermals (how hot is your computer running? Is it throttling?), or power settings (do you have a balanced plan turned on?) Are you playing when plugged in? Are you running Nvidia drivers? (not OEM), Do you have your games on a HDD? - it's a laptop so these are most usual issues when it comes to performance.

I've undervolt both my CPU and GPU, so CPU runs about 82 degree Celsius and GPU around 70 degree while playing COD warzone.

I am facing sudden drops in fps today from 50+ to 4 fps while playing.

1 minute ago, atal_7 said:

I've undervolt both my CPU and GPU, so CPU runs about 82 degree Celsius and GPU around 70 degree while playing COD warzone.

I am facing sudden drops in fps today from 50+ to 4 fps while playing.

Alright, is this game on an HDD? Also, are you running the game on battery or plugged in? 

1 minute ago, Konrad_K said:

Alright, is this game on an HDD? Also, are you running the game on battery or plugged in? 

the game is on HDD and it is running on plugged in .

Just now, atal_7 said:

the game is on HDD and it is running on plugged in .

Well potentially the HDD may be the issue, no easy fix for that - also make sure you use the "best performance" option in windows and see if the issue persists. 

1 minute ago, Konrad_K said:

Well potentially the HDD may be the issue, no easy fix for that - also make sure you use the "best performance" option in windows and see if the issue persists. 

I've been playing this game since it's launch but never faced this issue before. It used to run fine before.

9 minutes ago, atal_7 said:

I've been playing this game since it's launch but never faced this issue before. It used to run fine before.

Well these are the only ideas I have regarding such performance, it seems like I can't help than.