Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
atal_7

sudden fps drop from 60 to like 4 in every game.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Recently I encountered a problem, whenever i play a game, no matter what game it is my CPU consumption in task manager is 100% . This issue has occurred before, but at that time i used system restore, It fixed but now i don't have any restore point when i checked and i am unable to play games due to this as my frames keep dropping frequently. I have gtx 1050 with 8 GB RAM and intel i5 8300H.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, atal_7 said:

Recently I encountered a problem, whenever i play a game, no matter what game it is my CPU consumption in task manager is 100% . This issue has occurred before, but at that time i used system restore, It fixed but now i don't have any restore point when i checked and i am unable to play games due to this as my frames keep dropping frequently. I have gtx 1050 with 8 GB RAM and intel i5 8300H.

What is using the CPU so much? That seems quite relevant in this situation.

Check what programs are using the CPU in Task Manager


I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

"FuryBSD, name of your sex tape" - Alex Clark

"How long do I have to keep going on? Someone end it already"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, minibois said:

What is using the CPU so much? That seems quite relevant in this situation.

Check what programs are using the CPU in Task Manager

at ideal state CPU consumption is about 5-15%, but the moment i run any game it reaches 100%.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, atal_7 said:

at ideal state CPU consumption is about 5-15%, but the moment i run any game it reaches 100%.

Then it's probably the game (and its DRM) that is likely quite CPU intensive.

But you still have not mentioned what is using the CPU so much, not even the game title.


I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

"FuryBSD, name of your sex tape" - Alex Clark

"How long do I have to keep going on? Someone end it already"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, minibois said:

Then it's probably the game (and its DRM) that is likely quite CPU intensive.

But you still have not mentioned what is using the CPU so much, not even the game title.

I've been play apex legends for several months it used run fine till recently, then i checked other games like fifa 19 and rainbow six siege, it showed same 100% cpu usage

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, atal_7 said:

I've been play apex legends for several months it used run fine till recently, then i checked other games like fifa 19 and rainbow six siege, it showed same 100% cpu usage

We are asking for what program was using 100% CPU. When in task manager it displays 100% CPU Usage you can click on the tab and it will bring the highest consuming program in that area to the top. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, atal_7 said:

at ideal state CPU consumption is about 5-15%, but the moment i run any game it reaches 100%.

It's a mobile quad core so 100% usage in game (depending whether it's CPU bound) is typical. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

We are asking for what program was using 100% CPU. When in task manager it displays 100% CPU Usage you can click on the tab and it will bring the highest consuming program in that area to the top. 

my problem is that it causing frame rates to drop from 60 to 4 frequently while gaming. It has never happened before to me.

MVIMG_20200329_185448.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
25 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

It's a mobile quad core so 100% usage in game (depending whether it's CPU bound) is typical. 

my problem is that it causing frame rates to drop from 60 to 4 frequently while gaming. It has never happened before to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, atal_7 said:

my problem is that it causing frame rates to drop from 60 to 4 frequently while gaming. It has never happened before to me.

The problem is not the CPU usage ;) - it's good if it's being used.

 

I'd search for problems in thermals (how hot is your computer running? Is it throttling?), or power settings (do you have a balanced plan turned on?) Are you playing when plugged in? Are you running Nvidia drivers? (not OEM), Do you have your games on a HDD? - it's a laptop so these are most usual issues when it comes to performance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

The problem is not the CPU usage ;) - it's good if it's being used.

 

I'd search for problems in thermals (how hot is your computer running? Is it throttling?), or power settings (do you have a balanced plan turned on?) Are you playing when plugged in? Are you running Nvidia drivers? (not OEM), Do you have your games on a HDD? - it's a laptop so these are most usual issues when it comes to performance.

I've undervolt both my CPU and GPU, so CPU runs about 82 degree Celsius and GPU around 70 degree while playing COD warzone.

I am facing sudden drops in fps today from 50+ to 4 fps while playing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, atal_7 said:

I've undervolt both my CPU and GPU, so CPU runs about 82 degree Celsius and GPU around 70 degree while playing COD warzone.

I am facing sudden drops in fps today from 50+ to 4 fps while playing.

Alright, is this game on an HDD? Also, are you running the game on battery or plugged in? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Konrad_K said:

Alright, is this game on an HDD? Also, are you running the game on battery or plugged in? 

the game is on HDD and it is running on plugged in .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, atal_7 said:

the game is on HDD and it is running on plugged in .

 

Well potentially the HDD may be the issue, no easy fix for that - also make sure you use the "best performance" option in windows and see if the issue persists. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Konrad_K said:

Well potentially the HDD may be the issue, no easy fix for that - also make sure you use the "best performance" option in windows and see if the issue persists. 

I've been playing this game since it's launch but never faced this issue before. It used to run fine before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, atal_7 said:

I've been playing this game since it's launch but never faced this issue before. It used to run fine before.

Well these are the only ideas I have regarding such performance, it seems like I can't help than. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×