What to look for in speakers

Gazeley

After getting a discount on my monitor, due to its speakers not working, I was wondering what I should look for in speakers or a soundbar. I don't need anything super fancy, just for watching films and whatnot. What should I look for and what's a reasonable price? (UK)

If you seek advice on this forum, you'll end up spending hundreds of dollars on studio monitors for sound engineers and producers. Anything less would be unthinkable. 

If sound quality isn't top priority, you really can't go wrong with Logitech speakers under $50. I was honestly really happy with the Logitech Z200. They're sufficiently good and plenty loud. 

13 hours ago, Gazeley said:

After getting a discount on my monitor, due to its speakers not working, I was wondering what I should look for in speakers or a soundbar. I don't need anything super fancy, just for watching films and whatnot. What should I look for and what's a reasonable price? (UK)

Like @kokakolia said, a cheap pair of Logitech's is plenty fine for casual use. Just look for decent connectivity, and mains power (UK Plug for power, not USB)

Wattage doesn't really matter too much unless you're looking for very loud speakers. 10-25 watts is enough for desktop casual use. :)

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)