Recently built a back-up PC, cannot install Windows/Windows Boot Manager not in BIOS

urmoshin

Hello all,

Due being stuck in the house due to COVID-19, I decided to build a back-up PC with some spare parts I had lying around. Everything went fine with the build and was able to boot into the BIOS on first boot. Thing is, The BIOS recognizes the two drives I have installed, but Windows Boot Manager is not listed as an option. I can't even boot into the Windows 10 USB I made for my previous build. I'm guessing it might be with the drives themselves (I didn't wipe them before putting them in the system, stupid, I know)I feel like there is something I am missing and I'm all out of ideas. Any help would be awesome. 

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600 w/ Stock Cooler

MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX with latest BIOS installed

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Ram  (2 x8GB)

XFX RX 580 Black Edition

500GB Crucial SSD

500 2.5 HDD

The boot manager is automatically set when you install windows.

If you have the BIOS in UEFI mode, simply point it to the drive the OS is installed on, and it should automatically change it to the boot manager, or you can manually point it to the EFI partition bootloader.

28 minutes ago, Kisai said:

The boot manager is automatically set when you install windows.

If you have the BIOS in UEFI mode, simply point it to the drive the OS is installed on, and it should automatically change it to the boot manager, or you can manually point it to the EFI partition bootloader.

It is, and that's the only way I know the drives are recognized. If I turn it UEFI off, they disappear. I'm gonna have to mess around with this more during the day and not at 2 am haha.