Brunton Hydrogen Reactor

LinusTech

oh dear, the potential for this ..

If they could make it so you just submerge the sticks in water for a few hours to recharge would be pretty revolutionary, only problems is getting it to react in the water and hold a charge.
I would drop whatever i am doing and buy it straight away if that were the case. But at the current way things are needed reactor+sticks+recharger, that's a big NO for me.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

You seem somewhat annoyed... Just slightly. And idea, see if you can turn the hydrogen canisters into something more explosive. That would be well worth the investment then I feel 

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

This would be awesome for emergencies like earthquakes that are quite common here in Chile, I hope the technology gets better and more companies start making more innovating products. And it is a shame that this particular version is not good, maybe we will see better versions over the years

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

I hope Linus got his money back.

That's why i love the  Sale of Goods Act in the uk.

All goods must be:

• as described (not 2A)
  • of satisfactory quality and 
  • fit for purpose (does not charge things)

That's allot of cash to trow away on something that does not work

Is this video meant to be unlisted?

y747.png

yes, every video is first unlisted until he finishes to create annotations and description. and find mistakes if there where.

I wonder who spent the time and energy to design, conceive, manufacture and bring this product to market. I want to tell them that this product makes no sense at all. Seriously, the Hydrogen reactor itself costs $150 with the 2 fuel cells, then if you want to use the cells after they run out, you have to buy a $250 recharging station. So all in all, this system costs $400. Great job Brunton!  :P

Also, great job on the video Linus.

The idea isn't actually that bad. A hydrogen fuel cell like this actually has many potential benefits over a conventional Lithium cell, it's just that this company has failed to realise any of them lol. The problem isn't in the conception, it's in the implementation. I mean a hydrogen fuel cell is, in theory, a brilliant way to charge devices because you can store hydrogen in forms which don't corrode, which means that unlike a traditional battery pack you don't lose capacity over time. Unfortunately, this company has chosen to use a storage medium which does corrode, isn't easy to recharge (honestly, I reckon the recharge functionality could be built into the generator unit without increasing its size too much) and to top it all off can't even charge most modern devices. It's a cock-up, but I still have hope for the technology.

Hydrogen power has been around for a while now and produces enough power for us to use, so you might ask why we don't use it. Well there is a very good reason, ITS UNSUSTAINABLE this is just yet another failed attempt to bring a one hundred year old process to the modern market. Now when I say unsustainable I mean you would have to have a much bigger reactor to have even a 1 or 2 amp output. I see this as just another failed product that you shouldn't waste money on.

Hydrogen power has been around for a while now and produces enough power for us to use, so you might ask why we don't use it. Well there is a very good reason, ITS UNSUSTAINABLE this is just yet another failed attempt to bring a one hundred year old process to the modern market.

How does its sustainability affect it's usage as a portable power source? Battery power isn't any more "sustainable", since you need electricity to charge the battery and you need electricity to electrolyse water into Hydrogen. All this device seeks to change is the medium of storage, and I for one think it has potential. Not this device, but the idea.

If someone made something portable that intakes anything that burns (from diesel to vodka or butter) and outputs electricity (at least 1A) under $100 i would throw all my money at them 

CPU: AMD PHENOM II X4 945 GPU: AMD 7850 (ASUS) RAM: CORSAIR VANGEANCE LP 8GB CPU COOLER: CM HYPER 212(old one) HDD: SAMSUNG 500GB PSU: MODECOM CARBON 530W MB: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P KB: CMSTORM QUICKFIRE RAPID MOUSE: CORSAIR M60 SPEAKERS: LOGITECH LS21

I don't care about the environment when it comes to electronics. So even if this was good, It would still suck for me.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

How does its sustainability affect it's usage as a portable power source? Battery power isn't any more "sustainable", since you need electricity to charge the battery and you need electricity to electrolyse water into Hydrogen. All this device seeks to change is the medium of storage, and I for one think it has potential. Not this device, but the idea.

I apologise for not making this clear, what I ment by that is it's not a sorce of power that is portable or cheap. When I said it's not sustainable I ment that you wold have to have a much bigger unit (as demonstrated in Linus' video) to even charge an ipad. This is just another failed product.

The crappieness of this product (my personal opinion not said by linus) has inspired me.