Wireless Gaming/Low Latency (Open back?) Headset Recommendation without a microphone

Free Napkins

I know it's very specific. I did some research and it seems like the world isn't ready for open back wireless yet. I have an external microphone already so mostly looking to find a good audio quality headset for listening to music and low latency to play games with. So wireless and low latency are a must. I know "Gaming" headsets all perform relatively the same, and I'm hoping the lack of microphone either puts more quality in my ears or money in my hands. My budget is about $200 but I am willing to go upwards of $300. Thanks for any help!

1 hour ago, circeseye said:

Unfortunately these aren't wireless from what I can tell. I think if I were to prioritize my criteria it would be (from most important to least):
1. Low Latency

2. Wireless

3. Good audio

4. No Microphone

5. Open Back

5 hours ago, Free Napkins said:

Unfortunately these aren't wireless from what I can tell. I think if I were to prioritize my criteria it would be (from most important to least):
1. Low Latency

2. Wireless

3. Good audio

4. No Microphone

5. Open Back

For that price almost impossible to do . And if you did a custom solution by adding a Bluetooth module to a headphone latency is still a issue even with aptx LL

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

For that price almost impossible to do . And if you did a custom solution by adding a Bluetooth module to a headphone latency is still a issue even with aptx LL

That's what I figured. Was really hoping there was a golden goose out there. Guess I'll keep waiting!

How about a bluetooth receiver like Fiio BTR series, UP4 or EarStudio ES100?

Then you can "convert" any wired headphone/earphone into wireless version.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 hour ago, CTR640 said:

How about a bluetooth receiver like Fiio BTR series, UP4 or EarStudio ES100?

Then you can "convert" any wired headphone/earphone into wireless version.

I read BT has latency, so it wouldn't be particularly good for say Rhythm games like Beat saber or Osu. Is that receiver particularly fast?

13 minutes ago, Free Napkins said:

I read BT has latency, so it wouldn't be particularly good for say Rhythm games like Beat saber or Osu. Is that receiver particularly fast?

yes all wireless/bt have latency. the lowest latency thou is aptX LL about 35ms, the other ones are in the mid high 100ms (hell some even higher)

if you want low lat your going to have to go wired otherwise

and yea i didnt see you wanted wireless,

28 minutes ago, circeseye said:

yes all wireless/bt have latency. the lowest latency thou is aptX LL about 35ms, the other ones are in the mid high 100ms (hell some even higher)

if you want low lat your going to have to go wired otherwise

and yea i didnt see you wanted wireless,

Yeah the latency is the biggest problem for non-gaming headsets. I was looking at the Arctis Pro Wireless because it uses 2.4G lossless but includes a microphone. I was hoping someone might know of something similar or better for my needs.