Asus router wifi speeds drop to 0.01mbps intermittently

Flowroro

Hi guys, I recently purchased 2x Asus AX92U routers. Im on 900 megabit/s internet. I plug one router directly into the ONT, works perfectly fine for some time, but after a day maybe wifi speeds across all devices will drop to 0.01mbps on speedtest, and websites wont even load, nor will a youtube video.

Ethernet however, works perfectly fine and has had zero issues. Since I have 2 of them, I used the other one for AI Mesh to make one large coverage of network. Doesnt matter which unit a device on wifi is connected to (you can check if your device is connected to router or ai mesh node) sometimes itll be fine on 5ghz getting 200-300mbps, and in time itll drop to 0.01, then maybe itll fix itself again if we leave the internet alone for a few hours.  Sometimes, it even drops wan after speedtesting at 0.01mbps. I've also tried to connect the 2 routers by ethernet, still the same issue. 

My household has no significant devices using 2.4ghz, only smart home units like bulbs and whatnot are on that band. Every phone/computer/tablet/ipad is on the 5ghz and i've checked on every device.

Ive tried a few troubleshooting steps, both units are on the latest firmware from asus website, ive tried using only 1 router, and both routers too, but have the same issue. Switch both out between router and ai mesh node, still randomly drops to 0.01mbps. Now my solution is to use the stock router that my ISP gave me to plug into the ONT, and then im using one of my asus routers as an AP to my room where my main rig is connected. This setup is stable, but my download speeds arent as great as compared to using the asus routers.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might happen? The router into the ONT is in a well ventilated spot, where ambient usually ranges between 18-25c, its on a slotted metal plate shelf thing, and not burning to the touch.

Any ideas to help me fix this issue? 2 story house, people usually use the wifi in the same room as the router. Im so confused, dont know where to go from here. Thanks for reading if you did.

CPU: Intel i7 8700k || Motherboard: Asus Z370-E ROG || RAMCorsair 4266 2x8gb || GPU: Sapphire r9 280x tri-x || Case: Corsair 780t || 

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, 1TB Segate Barracuda HDD || PSUSeasonic M12II Evo 850w || Display: AOC i2367FH 1920x1080p 23 Inch ||

CPU Cooler: Corsair h80 || KeyboardCorsair Strafe || MouseCorsair Scimitar || HeadsetHyper X Cloud II || OS: Windows 10 ||

I'd do a master reset on both of them; there should be a place you insert a pen or paperclip to reset.  Once reset back to defaults, go & make damn sure you have the latest version of the firmware:  https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/AiMesh-AX6100-WiFi-System-RT-AX92U-2-Pack/HelpDesk_BIOS/ as of this writing the latest version is: v3.0.0.4.384.7977 See if that resolves your issue, post back.

2 hours ago, itlogicsystems said:

I'd do a master reset on both of them; there should be a place you insert a pen or paperclip to reset.  Once reset back to defaults, go & make damn sure you have the latest version of the firmware:  https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/AiMesh-AX6100-WiFi-System-RT-AX92U-2-Pack/HelpDesk_BIOS/ as of this writing the latest version is: v3.0.0.4.384.7977 See if that resolves your issue, post back.

yep, ive master reset both units, and made dam sure each one is on the latest firmware. did that twice forgot to mention that, and after a day its come back with the same issue. :(

CPU: Intel i7 8700k || Motherboard: Asus Z370-E ROG || RAMCorsair 4266 2x8gb || GPU: Sapphire r9 280x tri-x || Case: Corsair 780t || 

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, 1TB Segate Barracuda HDD || PSUSeasonic M12II Evo 850w || Display: AOC i2367FH 1920x1080p 23 Inch ||

CPU Cooler: Corsair h80 || KeyboardCorsair Strafe || MouseCorsair Scimitar || HeadsetHyper X Cloud II || OS: Windows 10 ||

6 hours ago, Flowroro said:

yep, ive master reset both units, and made dam sure each one is on the latest firmware. did that twice forgot to mention that, and after a day its come back with the same issue. :(

I have exactly the same issue but with an RC68U. Resetting as well as up and downgrading of FW hasn\t solved the issue. Ethernet works perfectly (110/110 optical fiber in my case).

anyone have any ideas at all? networking pros please assist :D