Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CheapGamer265

AMD drivers crashed and recovered

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I just cant figure it out, my drivers crash in a couple of games and i dont know why. Stress tested the gpu and other things, turned up the fans (although its the strix silent cooling thingy so it wasnt running at all most of the times), disabled firefox/chrome hardware acceleration, rolled back to last year summer drivers, tried underclocking the gpu, cpu isnt overclocked, reinstalled windows (although not a clean install, dont have a USB, but had a clean install earlier through a CD). Games that crash - League of Legends, GTA5, fortnite. Games that dont crash - Star Wars Jedi Fallen order, Fallout 4, FF15, Spyro Reignited Trilogy, The Witcher 3 (with mods) and others, but these were just like an example that SP games and more demanding ones dont crash. If anyone has any suggestions, id really appreciate it.

R9 380

FX 8350

16 gb of ram

(if ya want more specs, ill give em)

 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CheapGamer265 said:

I just cant figure it out, my drivers crash in a couple of games and i dont know why. Stress tested the gpu and other things, turned up the fans (although its the strix silent cooling thingy so it wasnt running at all most of the times), disabled firefox/chrome hardware acceleration, rolled back to last year summer drivers, tried underclocking the gpu, cpu isnt overclocked, reinstalled windows (although not a clean install, dont have a USB, but had a clean install earlier through a CD). Games that crash - League of Legends, GTA5, fortnite. Games that dont crash - Star Wars Jedi Fallen order, Fallout 4, FF15, Spyro Reignited Trilogy, The Witcher 3 (with mods) and others, but these were just like an example that SP games and more demanding ones dont crash. If anyone has any suggestions, id really appreciate it.

R9 380

FX 8350

16 gb of ram

(if ya want more specs, ill give em)

 

Thanks!

That's AMD for you. Jokes aside, maybe try changing the thermal paste? That oddly fixed one of my games.


Main PC CPU: 4770K, MOBO: MSI GD65, GPU: EVGA 980Ti SC+ SLI, PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000, RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2133 Storage: 1x 250GB Evo, 1x 750GB Evo, 1x 4TB WD Green, 1x 4TB WD Black

Lounge PC CPU: 4690K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 780Ti SC PSU: Silverstone Strider 750 RAM: G.Skill Trident 16gb 2400 Storage: 250GB Evo

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
18 minutes ago, vong said:

That's AMD for you. Jokes aside, maybe try changing the thermal paste? That oddly fixed one of my games.

Ive changed it a couple of months ago, didnt help with the crashed, but helped with the temps (although they werent bad)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CheapGamer265 said:

Ive changed it a couple of months ago, didnt help with the crashed, but helped with the temps (although they werent bad)

Honestly, it's most likely driver issues. Nothing you can do other than try a bunch of them doing DDU each time.


Main PC CPU: 4770K, MOBO: MSI GD65, GPU: EVGA 980Ti SC+ SLI, PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000, RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2133 Storage: 1x 250GB Evo, 1x 750GB Evo, 1x 4TB WD Green, 1x 4TB WD Black

Lounge PC CPU: 4690K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 780Ti SC PSU: Silverstone Strider 750 RAM: G.Skill Trident 16gb 2400 Storage: 250GB Evo

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
18 hours ago, vong said:

Honestly, it's most likely driver issues. Nothing you can do other than try a bunch of them doing DDU each time.

Okay, ive DDU'ed it in safe mode and then clean installed (just for good measure) the amd drivers. Everything was fine for 1 day, today im playing gta 5 and it crashed 2 times in like 2 hours. Things that appear in Event viewer and reliability monitor -

1.

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e330423
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.657, time stamp: 0x64d10ee0
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f92a9
Faulting process id: 0x2e78
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5edbba704edd4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: f681a8c8-c23b-46eb-bfb3-69fae3158b04
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

 

2.

 

Faulting application name: GTA5.exe, version: 1.0.1868.0, time stamp: 0x5df10009
Faulting module name: GTA5.exe, version: 1.0.1868.0, time stamp: 0x5df10009
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x00000000012957a3
Faulting process id: 0x195c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5edbbca58fae9
Faulting application path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe
Faulting module path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTA5.exe
Report Id: 8faeeda9-688c-4f08-a66f-f9d9963f2072
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

 

3.

 

Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

 

4.

 

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    LiveKernelEvent
Code:    141
Parameter 1:    ffffac095746e010
Parameter 2:    fffff80214de0750
Parameter 3:    0
Parameter 4:    28a4
OS version:    10_0_18363
Service Pack:    0_0
Product:    256_1
OS Version:    10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:    1033

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CheapGamer265 said:

 

Either something wrong with drivers or the card.


Main PC CPU: 4770K, MOBO: MSI GD65, GPU: EVGA 980Ti SC+ SLI, PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000, RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2133 Storage: 1x 250GB Evo, 1x 750GB Evo, 1x 4TB WD Green, 1x 4TB WD Black

Lounge PC CPU: 4690K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 780Ti SC PSU: Silverstone Strider 750 RAM: G.Skill Trident 16gb 2400 Storage: 250GB Evo

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, vong said:

Either something wrong with drivers or the card.

Yeah, but i wonder why it doesnt crash in stress tests and very demanding games, i played the witcher 3 on 1440p VSR High settings and it didnt crash once, in league of legends it only crashes 1 time, no exception - 1 time. Its like something happens 1 time and never happens again in the same match, cause the driver crash doesnt crash the game, i play onwards. With Gta 5 i dont know, cause the driver restart crashes the game completely.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×