unknown supported threads and a desperate Minecraft era at the end of the road.

Shepherd96

Hey guys,

yes, its a strange place to ask Minecraft questions. But the answer to my question doesn’t seem to be anywhere online.

the problem?

my old i7 3770 based pc is getting old and I’m looking to upgrade. I make a lot of Minecraft content and build some very large machines that requires a lot of cpu power. It’s not uncommon for me to crash my computer when building projects from time to time, and therefore need more power.

why not upgrade then, Minecraft is only using 2 threads anyway?

well yes and no. The java based version only uses 2 threads but the bedrock C++ version can use at least 8 threads. And unfortunately those words “at least” is the problem I have. Because I seriously cannot find any answer (even from Mojang)of how many threads it can support. Now it would be logical to assume it’s probably 8 but this was a version created under the Microsoft ownership and was even its own splash screen brags about its hyperthreading capability. 

Even the support of 8 threads isn’t actually mentioned anywhere and is a result of my own sys monitors.

‘the reality of the problem is that I need to build a pc that is mostly dedicated to a game with higher cpu use than GPU usage but have no idea on what the maximum specs of the software is.

so why come to LTT forum?

well your computer enthusiasts, and I figure if anyone has ever attempted to run Minecraft bedrock on a ridiculously OP machine, im probably going to find them here

Single core is still king on the windows 10 version, but UWP version still is very inefficient and I rarely hit over 140fps on my OC 8700k.
I'd still aim for more cores and threads since those can take care of the many background tasks you'd have on a personal computer, which is why you'll see professional minecraft players on the core X series of processors.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

50 minutes ago, Shepherd96 said:

maximum specs of the software is.

I have twin Xeons in my system, giving me 20 cores and 40 threads.

If you point to where (or how) to install this Minecraft bedrock edition, I'm happy to test it out for you and tell you how much of my CPUs it uses.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I have twin Xeons in my system, giving me 20 cores and 40 threads.

If you point to where (or how) to install this Minecraft bedrock edition, I'm happy to test it out for you and tell you how much of my CPUs it uses.

That sounds awesome. In the Microsoft store app on windows 10 there should be a free trial option if you search for Minecraft 

1 minute ago, Shepherd96 said:

Microsoft store app on windows 10

Is it only avail in the MS store under Win10? I don't run Win10...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Shepherd96 said:

That sounds awesome. In the Microsoft store app on windows 10 there should be a free trial option if you search for Minecraft 

This should be the link anyway 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Is it only avail in the MS store under Win10? I don't run Win10...

Ah rats, yeah that would definitely cause an issue. I only run 10 because I have to

thank you any way though 

21 hours ago, Jumballi said:

Single core is still king on the windows 10 version, but UWP version still is very inefficient and I rarely hit over 140fps on my OC 8700k.
I'd still aim for more cores and threads since those can take care of the many background tasks you'd have on a personal computer, which is why you'll see professional minecraft players on the core X series of processors.

Oh I accidentally missed this reply.

It does actually utilise hyperthreading but the problem you have is the default FPS limiter May be turned on, it’s actually limiting your FPS based on your monitor hz (which I assume is a 140hz, if you were using a 60hz monitor you would have said 60fps). With an old i7 3770 and 1050ti I usually top out at 700fps (or 1200 FPS for the initial 3 seconds after launching the game if I really grasp at straws)

just go to control panel > Nvidia control panel > manage 3D settings > program settings > choose the windows 10 version of Minecraft and turn off “vertical sync”. 
and your computer should absolutely blitz mine. 

@Radium_Angel I run ubuntu on laptop, and Have run windows 10 in it + win10 appstore, and my laptop is a quadcore 1.1ghz, so you should have no issue

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb