Why did Fraktal change the frontal filter design? Modern one is worse

Windows95

I have a Define R4, and im going to buy a Define R6, and I just realized how in order to access the filter, you have to take the entire plastic thing off, see:

So if you want to clean the filter, you have to detach the entire plastic grid. But with the R4, you just press and the grid comes down but remains attached, you vacuum clean the filter, then move it back up, see:

ignore the big fail by linus, it comes down smoothly for me. so i dont have to detach anything, i just run the vacuum cleaner there.

Why did Fraktal use this design now? this sucks tbh

heres hardware canucks actually doing it properly:

how easy it is to access the filter. big fail by fraktal to change this design imo

see

3 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

I have a Define R4, and im going to buy a Define R6

you have a choice sooo... are you complaining that the case you're paying money for is worse than the case you already own?

1 minute ago, emosun said:

you have a choice sooo... are you complaining that the case you're paying money for is worse than the case you already own?

im just asking, what were they thinking?

1 minute ago, Windows95 said:

im just asking, what were they thinking?

they were thinking about how theres 7.5 billion people on earth and the amount of them that have an R4 to compare with is probably not very many of them

I'm confused, they both have easy access to the filter, the only difference is that the R4 has detachable fans.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

they were thinking about how theres 7.5 billion people on earth and the amount of them that have an R4 to compare with is probably not very many of them

theres high changes r6 buyers previosly had former versions. most 7.5 billion arent target buyers

Just now, _Syn_ said:

I'm confused, they both have easy access to the filter, the only difference is that the R4 has detachable fans.

You have to detach the entire grid out on the r6. On the r4 you click there and you can already vacuum clean it. They also added hueg plastic grid on the r6 so you can't vacuum it from the front.

1 minute ago, Windows95 said:

theres high changes r6 buyers previosly had former versions

i'd love to see the "returning customer rate" on a market as scattered and bland as the pc case industry. lol

4 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

You have to detach the entire grid out on the r6. On the r4 you click there and you can already vacuum clean it. They also added hueg plastic grid on the r6 so you can't vacuum it from the front.

But you detach/open the grid/grill on the R4 as well... 

8 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

But you detach the grid/grill on the R4 as well... 

No. see this video:

the grid slides down, ITS STILL ATTACHED, then you dont need to actually remove the thing, you can vacuum clean the filterctVWvg3.png

the only reason i can think is that maybe the bigger grid enhances air pressure

4 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

the grid slides down, ITS STILL ATTACHED, then you dont need to actually remove the thing, you can vacuum clean the filter

And what is the issue exactly if the grill is easy to remove? it's hard to remove the grill on the R4 because it's attached but on the R6 it's not, you can simply pull it out and have an even easier access to your filter.

1 minute ago, _Syn_ said:

And what is the issue exactly if the grill is easy to remove? it's hard to remove the grill on the R4 because it's attached but on the R6 it's not, you can simply pull it out and have an even easier access to your filter.

i think some people just can't handle the extreme task that is cleaning the r6 i bet , might take a whopping 20 seconds longer

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

i think some people just can't handle the extreme task that is cleaning the r6 i bet , might take a whopping 20 seconds longer

It's baffling me as I genuinely don't understand the issue, filters only need to be cleaned every ~4 months and even up to much longer depending on your room :| it's the same process just different design 

2 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

It's baffling me as I genuinely don't understand the issue, filters only need to be cleaned every ~4 months and even up to much longer depending on your room :| it's the same process just different design 

i just clean my room and the dust isn't much of a problem , i think it might just be a guy issue lol

Just now, emosun said:

i just clean my room and the dust isn't much of a problem , i think it might just be a guy issue lol

I clean my room often as well but dust still accumulates much faster than other rooms, it probably depends on the environment

Though it is true that I see this most often with guys rooms.....

14 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

i have to clean it every 2 weeks or so, i like to clean the filters everytime i take out the vacuum cleaner, with the r4 system is faster