Can't boot into windows 10 or installer

MrScottishGamer

Hi , my friend attempted to start up his PC and was met with black screen and would not load into automatic repair. i then instructed him to boot into his windows install USB which firstly booted him to an installer where only the background and a cursor would load , after disconnecting both drives and attempting to load into the installer it gives a BCD error and now even with the drives reconnected it still supports the same error. we have tried utterly everything to get something to boot and it just chucks out BCD errors every time. and there seems to be no way to rebuild the BCD. We have reset bios defaults and changed uefi to legacy and back etc and are totally stumped

Any help would be massively appreciated as i have nothing else up my sleeve xD

5 minutes ago, MrScottishGamer said:

Hi , my friend attempted to start up his PC and was met with black screen and would not load into automatic repair. i then instructed him to boot into his windows install USB which firstly booted him to an installer where only the background and a cursor would load , after disconnecting both drives and attempting to load into the installer it gives a BCD error and now even with the drives reconnected it still supports the same error. we have tried utterly everything to get something to boot and it just chucks out BCD errors every time. and there seems to be no way to rebuild the BCD. We have reset bios defaults and changed uefi to legacy and back etc and are totally stumped

At this point, I would suggest getting a different USB and remaking the installer on that (yours might be corrupted), then testing again with the drives disconnected, as well as clearing the CMOS (removing the battery for a little bit). If none of that works, then I honestly don't know.

10 minutes ago, MrScottishGamer said:

Try booting a Linux live install. If that doesn't work I'd play with your RAM I've seen bad RAM allow a system to pass post but cause BCD errors on all OS types.