Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kietjay123

fiber optic to ethernet

Posted · Original PosterOP

i wantt to convert a simplex sc optical fiber connection to ethernet connection but most converter i see convert th duplex version only help

Hang on there a moment, you may want to re-address this. Some internet services that deliver fiber won't allow you to just convert it to Ethernet from fiber, you need to use their special box. Speaking from experience, I have 1 gig fiber from ATT. 

Also, that media converter which was linked is FAST Ethernet, which is 100 meg MAX. If you have 1 gig service, the MOST you will get using that device, if it works, is 100 meg. 

Gaming Rig: ASUS Z87-PRO (V EDITION), Intel Core i5-4590 Haswell (Stock Cooling), HyperX FURY 8GB DDR3 1866, ASUS R9 380 2Gig, SILVERSTONE DA700, Samsung 840 500Gig SSD MZ-7TD500BW, 3 TB storage drive, ASUS DRW-2014L1T (DVD), LG WH14NS40 (Blu Ray), Sony SDM-HS95P, Windows 10 Pro

Home Server: - Supermicro SC826TQ-R800LPB chassis, X8DTN+, Dual Xeon E5620 (Stock), 
4x Nanya NT4GC72B4NA1NL-CG (24GB Reg ECC DDR3), 12x MICRON MT36JSZF51272PZ-1G4G1FG (48GB Reg ECC DDR3), (72GB total memory), 2x OCZ Agility (60GB) (OS & Backup), 6x WD40EFRX (4TB) in RaidZ2 (14.3 TB usable), 2x WD 10TB white label (Easystore shucks), 2x Q Series HDTS225XZSTA (256GB) ZIL & L2ARC mirrored

26 minutes ago, Ziggidy said:

Hang on there a moment, you may want to re-address this. Some internet services that deliver fiber won't allow you to just convert it to Ethernet from fiber, you need to use their special box. Speaking from experience, I have 1 gig fiber from ATT. 

Also, that media converter which was linked is FAST Ethernet, which is 100 meg MAX. If you have 1 gig service, the MOST you will get using that device, if it works, is 100 meg. 

Might not be hooking up to an isp. Plenty of people use fiber for internal networking now a days.