Which motherboard is good enough for R7 2700?

Please help me! I'm currently using a B450 HDV and I want to upgrade to a motherboard that has decent oc capabilities. I wouldn't like to spend more money than necesary but I do want a solid board to get the most out of my 2700 and have the posibility to upgrade to Ryzen 4000 series in the future without any issue. Prices are higher because I'm not from the US. Unless there's a good discounted board on Amazon that ships global I have to stick to theses ones.

MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX ($95)
Gigabyte B450 Aorus M ($103)
Asus TUF B450M-Plus ($115)
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite ($121)

MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
($133)

4 minutes ago, sl0011 said:

Please help me! I'm currently using a B450 HDV and I want to upgrade to a motherboard that has decent oc capabilities. I don't wan to spend more money than necesary but I want a solid board to get the most out of my 2700 and have the posibility to upgrade to Ryzen 4000 series in the future without any issue. Prices are higher because I'm not from the US. Unless there's a good discounted board on Amazon that ships global I have to stick to theses ones.

Gigabyte B450 Aorus M ($103)
Asus TUF B450M-Plus ($115)
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite ($121)

MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
($133)

the pro HDV is okay tho

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

sounds like it’s time to watch a whole bunch of buildzoid videos.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Avoid the gigabyte boards entirely... they have known issues with their dual bios.  The MSI's come recommended by many.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

On 2/16/2020 at 12:14 AM, Bombastinator said:

sounds like it’s time to watch a whole bunch of buildzoid videos.

I have watched like 4, still confused.

On 2/16/2020 at 5:30 AM, Anomnomnomaly said:

Avoid the gigabyte boards entirely... they have known issues with their dual bios.  The MSI's come recommended by many.

I'm trying to choose between these 2:

MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ($133)

Acording to the Tier List, the B450 Pro VDH is decent but I just don't want to have any issues related to power delivery, that's my only concern

I have seen a lot of videos where they use the B450 Gaming Plus Max but if you can go just a bit further I would say the B450 Tomahawk Max

16 hours ago, sl0011 said:

I'm trying to choose between these 2:

MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ($133)

Acording to the Tier List, the B450 Pro VDH is decent but I just don't want to have any issues related to power delivery, that's my only concern

I remember someone saying here once that all the MSI b450 boards had the same VRM and the difference between them was other features.  Not sure how true that was or what the other features were.  Determining what VRM is is one of the less complicated things for motherboards though.  There a number of boxes to the left and top of where the cpu socket is.  Count them.

The major authority on motherboard features and components seems to be a guy named buildzoid.  Iirc he did videos on them.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.