WD 3TB disk locked

Debjyoti Banerjee

Can you help me linus with how to unlock my WD 3TB drive whose PCB got destroyed and now I am not able to unlock it?
I just want the disk to be functional again without any Master lock. I just do not care about data. I tried doing some unlocking using a password that looks like WDWDWDWDWDWDW.......... but still no solution.

Is there a way please help me out?

10 minutes ago, Debjyoti Banerjee said:

whose PCB got destroyed

What do you mean with that?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

24 minutes ago, Debjyoti Banerjee said:

Can you help me linus with how to unlock my WD 3TB drive whose PCB got destroyed and now I am not able to unlock it?
I just want the disk to be functional again without any Master lock. I just do not care about data. I tried doing some unlocking using a password that looks like WDWDWDWDWDWDW.......... but still no solution.

Is there a way please help me out?

SOL dude. You might be able to send it a reformat command, but it won't listen to it if there is a password present. You might be able to short the nvram on it, but that might also just kill the firmware.

On 2/15/2020 at 11:18 AM, WereCatf said:

What do you mean with that?

The PCB board that comes with the WD passport, is non functional and my hard drive is locked.