Tenda Nova MW6 Optimal Set up Help

Hey guys,

I've got 2 Tenda Nova MW6 units as well as a D-Link AC3200 Ultra Wi-Fi Router. My house is quite long, so I was looking for the best way to set this up for optimal coverage.

I've got the AC3200 in the middle of the house connected to ethernet ports at either ends of my house. I was planning of putting the MW6 units at each of the sides of the house, connected to the ethernet ports.

I've done some reading and have found that people are suggesting turning my MW6 units to Bridge Mode, and turning off my Router's Wi-fi. Would this be a smart idea? I'm worried about the middle of my house having no coverage.

Is it a must that I turn off my router's wi-fi when using the Novas?

Before this, I was using TP-link range extenders connected to the ports, but got sick of having to manually change networks on my phone & laptop when moving from one side of the house to another.

Are there any other ways I can set up my network system using these devices?

Let me know,

Cheers.

19 minutes ago, JeolEfmo said:

Would this be a smart idea? I'm worried about the middle of my house having no coverage.

If you never test it, you will never know.

You could set your SSID to same name but, usually doesn't work well if AP doesn't have kick function.

For a mesh network, in simple term is able to kick device off wifi allowing device to refind stronger signal from another AP.

Magical Pineapples