60HZ + 144HZ (lag on 60HZ monitor)

PixelHamster

So I've just switched out one of my 1080p 60hz screens with a 1080p 144Hz one (has freesync and I've enabled 144Hz in windows and nvidia configuration).

Now the problem: when using my 60Hz screen every action seems to have input lag, except mouse movement (yes keystrokes lag aswell on this screen)

I only have this problem with hardware accelerated programs like discord, spotify, wallpaper engine (I know that you can disable hardware acceleration but then things start stuttering instead of lagging which is even worse)

Both screens are plugged into my GTX 1070
I have an I5 6600 and 16GB of ram (they don't hit 100% or anything)

I hope someone here knows what's causing this and  can offer a good solution (buying an extra 144Hz screen is an option ofcourse but would be last resort)

spacer.png

seems just like a slow system, I have that on my laptop from work (i5 6200U), haven't found a fix yet

Set both to 60hz. See if the problem resolves itself. I have a feeling I know the reason why if so.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

I have similar problems with my laptop from work where its just cause its underpowered, but your issue seems like something else

On 2/4/2020 at 9:05 PM, rcmaehl said:

Set both to 60hz. See if the problem resolves itself. I have a feeling I know the reason why if so.

I did what you said and I don't experience this problem when both are on 60Hz