Final Thought on my quiet build?

arnekick

It will be definitely quiet, but I doubt you need that many case fans considering that the dark base already has sw installed if i'm not mistaken. Though at that sum, you might as well go for these many fans.

Overall I don't see anything particular wrong and as you are clearly ain't going for best bang for the buck, the be quiet components are worth it.

And i can attest from my current system, the silent wings are damn quiet and the hdd decoupling of the case works great.

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Just now, 19_blackie_73 said:

It will be definitely quiet, but I doubt you need that many case fans considering that the dark base already has sw installed if i'm not mistaken. Though at that sum, you might as well go for these many fans.

Overall I don't see anything particular wrong and as you are clearly ain't going for best bang for the buck, the be quiet components are worth it.

And i can attest from my current system, the silent wings are damn quiet and the hdd decoupling of the case works great.

Ok thanks 

Why is that PSU so expensive? 

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

The motherboard has a chipset fan. You may want to consider changing it for one with a passive heatsink.

The NH-D15 should be better than the DRP4.

Get rid of the HDD. Either replace it with an SSD, or consider changing your storage solution so you don't need as much storage on the PC itself.

Swap the 2080 Ti for a cheaper variant and instead put on an aftermarket cooler, like the Raijintek Morpheus II or Arctic Accelero Xtreme III/IV.

Consider changing the PSU for the 550W variant, as it will be quieter, both at idle, and under load.

I hope you aren't planning to mount the GPU vertically, as that is a great way to make the GPU run hotter and louder.

:)

Just now, seon123 said:

The motherboard has a chipset fan. You may want to consider changing it for one with a passive heatsink.

Get rid of the HDD. Either replace it with an SSD, or consider changing your storage solution so you don't need as much storage on the PC itself.

Swap the 2080 Ti for a cheaper variant and instead put on an aftermarket cooler, like the Raijintek Morpheus II or Arctic Accelero Xtreme III/IV.

Consider changing the PSU for the 550W variant, as it will be quieter, both at idle, and under load.

I hope you aren't planning to mount the GPU vertically, as that is a great way to make the GPU run hotter and louder.

I'd slap a NZXT Kraken G12 with a cheap 120 or 240 AIO on it if you're gonna elect to change the GPU cooler.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Just now, nick name said:

I'd slap a NZXT Kraken G12 with a cheap 120 or 240 AIO on it if you're gonna elect to change the GPU cooler.  

I think they wanted low noise, not more noise and lower reliability.

No AIO Sorry that was one of the requirements.

4 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Wich motherboard would you recommend? Also the NH-D15 is REALLY ugly imo thats why i want drp4 Wich is a cheap ssd you can recommend?

EDIT: Wont the aftermarket cooler void the warranty? and isnt 550W a bit low for a 2080ti?

9 minutes ago, arnekick said:

Also the NH-D15 is REALLY ugly imo thats why i want drp4

There is a Black version of the D15.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($99.95 @ Amazon) 
Total: $99.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-01 18:59 EST-0500

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

There is a Black version of the D15.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($99.95 @ Amazon) 
Total: $99.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-01 18:59 EST-0500

Do you also have a better MB suggestion like the guy above suggested?

19 minutes ago, seon123 said:

I think they wanted low noise, not more noise and lower reliability.

Yeah, you won't convince me the fan(s) on an AIO is more loud than on a GPU air cooler.  

But OP doesn't wanna go the AIO route.  

Yeah, you won't convince me the fan(s) on an AIO is more loud than on a GPU air cooler.  

I have to replace the aio after 5 years correct? or at least it last less long then air

7 minutes ago, arnekick said:

Do you also have a better MB suggestion like the guy above suggested?

Why are you using such an expensive power supply?  Is there something particular about it that warrants the high cost?  I'm not familiar with it.  

1 minute ago, nick name said:

Why are you using such an expensive power supply?  Is there something particular about it that warrants the high cost?  I'm not familiar with it.  

Its a quiet one. Do you know cheaper one that is also quiet? Also do you know a better mb like the guy above suggested?

Just now, arnekick said:

I have to replace the aio after 5 years correct? or at least it last less long then air

Honestly, I couldn't tell you when you would need to replace it.  Several warranties last 5 years, but that doesn't predict if the AIO will die before or after the warranty expires.  

People are right when they talk about reliability.  There are no moving parts on a tower except in the fans.  And an AIO will fail and may even fail catastrophically.  You just can't predict when.  Also, their performance can be matched with good air coolers on a CPU.  On a GPU -- water cooled is far better and better performance can be had.  

1 minute ago, nick name said:

Honestly, I couldn't tell you when you would need to replace it.  Several warranties last 5 years, but that doesn't predict if the AIO will die before or after the warranty expires.  

People are right when they talk about reliability.  There are no moving parts on a tower except in the fans.  And an AIO will fail and may even fail catastrophically.  You just can't predict when.  Also, their performance can be matched with good air coolers on a CPU.  On a GPU -- water cooled is far better and better performance can be had.  

But that would void the warranty correct?

1 minute ago, arnekick said:

Its a quiet one. Do you know cheaper one that is also quiet? Also do you know a better mb like the guy above suggested?

I think they're hideous, but people seem to speak well about the performance of the ASUS TUF X570 boards.  

And I'd look at something like a Corsair or EVGA Platinum rated PSU.  Really you'll want to see what the efficiency curves are and see where your system would normally operate within that curve.  It will differ between PSUs, but efficient is quiet as there is less waste heat.

3 minutes ago, arnekick said:

But that would void the warranty correct?

Void which warranty?  

I think they're hideous, but people seem to speak well about the performance of the ASUS TUF X570 boards.  

And I'd look at something like a Corsair or EVGA Platinum rated PSU.  Really you'll want to see what the efficiency curves are and see where your system would normally operate within that curve.  It will differ between PSUs, but efficient is quiet as there is less waste heat.

is the tuf board not a little weak for a 3950?

2 minutes ago, nick name said:

Void which warranty?  

of the gpu if i take the fans off

And while we are talking about failures -- a 10TB HDD is gonna really ruin your day if it's full and it fails.  Also a huge pain if it's full and starts to fail as getting the data off of it will take a long time.  I wanna say Linus talked about it on an episode where his wife was filling in.  

And while we are talking about failures -- a 10TB HDD is gonna really ruin your day if it's full and it fails.  Also a huge pain if it's full and starts to fail as getting the data off of it will take a long time.  I wanna say Linus talked about it on an episode where his wife was filling in.  

yeh i know

Just now, arnekick said:

is the tuf board not a little weak for a 3950?

of the gpu if i take the fans off

I can't speak to that, but I will offer this experience I had with EVGA.  I had a wire being struck by the fan and they told me I could try to fix it myself by taking off the cooler or send it to them under warranty.  So I don't imagine that EVGA would be upset that you removed the cooler.

1 minute ago, arnekick said:

yeh i know

Will it be full of tiny files or large files?  

36 minutes ago, arnekick said:

Wich motherboard would you recommend? Also the NH-D15 is REALLY ugly imo thats why i want drp4 Wich is a cheap ssd you can recommend?

EDIT: Wont the aftermarket cooler void the warranty? and isnt 550W a bit low for a 2080ti?

There is a list, though they don't specify which ones have a passively cooled chipset. You could ask them.

As mentioned, there is a black version of the NH-D15. I'm not into SSDs, so I can't come with recommendations for those.

If you're in the US, they legally can't void your warranty from doing that. 550W is fine. The 2080 Ti is a 250W GPU, which leaves plenty for the rest of the system.

19 minutes ago, nick name said:

Low end pumps are going not known for being super quiet.

15 minutes ago, arnekick said:

The RM650x is fairly quiet. It operates semi passively, but when the fan kicks in, it spins at over 600 RPM, vs <500RPM on the Dark Power Pro 11. There is also a Dark Power Pro 12 that has been shown off and is coming out some time in the future.