Windows freezes on startup

Vx0x

The windows loading screen on my PC just freezes and I can't do anything. The spinning dots just stop. I can open windows in safe mode but not normally. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Try disabling fast startup. If that doesn't fix it then just boot into recovery and go back to a previous time when it was working or try a startup repair and see if it comes back with anything.

Also weird thing I've come across, try unplugging everything from USB ports that is drawing power.

PC:  Ryzen 5 1600 Gigabyte Gaming AB350 Gaming 3 | 16gb DDR4 2666MHz | Sapphire 5700xt 8gb | 2x Crucial 1TB SSD | EVGA 650w Fully Modular PSU | NZXT H440

11 minutes ago, Garett1 said:

Try disabling fast startup. If that doesn't fix it then just boot into recovery and go back to a previous time when it was working or try a startup repair and see if it comes back with anything.

Also weird thing I've come across, try unplugging everything from USB ports that is drawing power.

To go back to a previous time I would've had to save a system image or whatever, right? Haven't done any of that. Also how do you disable fast startup?

Just now, Vx0x said:

To go back to a previous time I would've had to save a system image or whatever, right? Haven't done any of that.

Yes you would've

PC:  Ryzen 5 1600 Gigabyte Gaming AB350 Gaming 3 | 16gb DDR4 2666MHz | Sapphire 5700xt 8gb | 2x Crucial 1TB SSD | EVGA 650w Fully Modular PSU | NZXT H440