Dell PowerEdge r210 II Firmware issues

PenguinMaster

I recently ordered a Dell PowerEdge r210 II from eBay and the seller had not updated the BIOS before sending it out to me. It is currently running 1.1.1 and the newest version is 2.10.0. When I go and try to update the BIOS the system spits out this error (see attached image). I am not sure why it is doing this. I can't update through something like Windows either because the system is going to be running PfSense to act as a router. I am not sure what to do at this point, please help. I also renamed the BIOS file if you where wondering why the file path is "bios210.exe", since I've heard of these servers having name-related issues because of the length of them. Thanks.IMG_3063.thumb.jpg.c9913a9f468a30aa4185d69d1d4fc963.jpg

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

you need to use the bios binary file containing the firmware. this isnt in executable format (.exe)

make sure you download the correct file, and extract the firmware from the self extracting exe prior to trying to flash

i dont think that is proper way to flash the firmware. also you can use a bootable windows disc/usb for flashing the firmware,

you can use the commandline from the recovery dvd and browse to the file from usb