Secondary Drives in a new PC

Dr ADR
Go to solution Solved by LukeLinusFanFic,

There are no issues. Just put them in.

Hello All,

I have not been able to find an answer to this question.  Seems like everything is directed towards putting an existing drive with OS into a new device.  I am curious about storage SSD and HDD.  I have 4 drives in my PC today.  1 with an OS and the others for storage.  I know the issues with putting the OS drive into a new machine, but want to know about the storage drives?  

There are no issues. Just put them in.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Storage drives will be fine. No OS. You MIGHT have to go into disk management and assign a drive letter. Other than that, it should work fine. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Windows ignores all the other boot sections since UEFI was introduced. It'll always boot only from selected one.

• 3 weeks later...

Fully answer my own question, they were recognized as a raid config from first boot. Did however have to initialize the drives and re-synchronize them. 

other than that, works. 

first build Done!

B95DC4CE-E19C-46F8-AE2E-29F1EE3EBB45.jpeg