Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jae Tee

Can i re-sell xbox game DISKS?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Basically the title. Can a used xbox 1 game DISK, specifically the disk and the rights to use the game on it, be resold?

if it's the original and not pirated or copied or anything sure. I see gamestop do it so you'll be fine 

PC Specs: 

CPU - intel i7 3770

8 GB DDR3 RAM

GTX 1060 6GB 

Storage: 1TB SSD + 2TB HDD 

Even if it has been used in another system? How are they able to do this despite that you can use the game without the disk being in the system? Im assuming it has to do with the fact that it has to be online. 

7 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

You could but the DLC codes that you used up are going to lower the trade in value of each game disc.  

Wont be a problem in my case. Thanks 

On 1/1/2020 at 5:16 PM, Jae Tee said:

Basically the title. Can a used xbox 1 game DISK, specifically the disk and the rights to use the game on it, be resold?

Yes you can resell any game disk for Xbox One. The reason why is because you still need to insert the disk to play the game.

If your disk contained a Game Key that you redeemed, then the game key will not work for whoever you sell to (since the key will already be redeemed).

For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

On 1/1/2020 at 11:27 PM, Jae Tee said:

Even if it has been used in another system? How are they able to do this despite that you can use the game without the disk being in the system? Im assuming it has to do with the fact that it has to be online. 

So basically you never owned an Xbox? 

If you want to you can purchase games from the online store, which allows you to play without using a disc, however the install will take much longer. The discs have the benefit of a quicker install, and the ability to sell the disc once finished with the game. However, you must have the disc present to play the game.

Nice try tho ~

RYZEN 5 3600 | MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

On 1/6/2020 at 8:39 AM, Ertman said:

Or really any console before. 

I have an xbox, yes.