Can i re-sell xbox game DISKS?

Jae Tee

Basically the title. Can a used xbox 1 game DISK, specifically the disk and the rights to use the game on it, be resold?

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

Even if it has been used in another system? How are they able to do this despite that you can use the game without the disk being in the system? Im assuming it has to do with the fact that it has to be online. 

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

You could but the DLC codes that you used up are going to lower the trade in value of each game disc.  

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

7 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

You could but the DLC codes that you used up are going to lower the trade in value of each game disc.  

Wont be a problem in my case. Thanks 

On 1/1/2020 at 5:16 PM, Jae Tee said:

Basically the title. Can a used xbox 1 game DISK, specifically the disk and the rights to use the game on it, be resold?

Yes you can resell any game disk for Xbox One. The reason why is because you still need to insert the disk to play the game.

If your disk contained a Game Key that you redeemed, then the game key will not work for whoever you sell to (since the key will already be redeemed).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 1/1/2020 at 11:27 PM, Jae Tee said:

Even if it has been used in another system? How are they able to do this despite that you can use the game without the disk being in the system? Im assuming it has to do with the fact that it has to be online. 

So basically you never owned an Xbox? 

If you want to you can purchase games from the online store, which allows you to play without using a disc, however the install will take much longer. The discs have the benefit of a quicker install, and the ability to sell the disc once finished with the game. However, you must have the disc present to play the game.

Nice try tho ~

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 1/6/2020 at 8:39 AM, Ertman said:

Or really any console before. 

I have an xbox, yes.