I bought a TV to hook up to my computer and I am having a very bizarre issue.

Vigilante720

I have two monitors and a TV hooked up to my graphics card.

My specs are as follows:

Main monitor is 1920x1080 144hz Acer

Secondary monitor is Hanns-G 1920x1080 60hz

TV is 1920x1080 60hz

My computer specs are:

i5 8600k

GTX 1080ti

16 GB Ram

SSD

The issue is that when I full screen a video on my TV, my secondary monitor and my TV will go black for a second. Then, my secondary monitor will come back on as normal but the TV will be full static. The only way to fix this is to either unplug and replug the TV, which only works some of the time, or to restart my computer , which always fixes it. This issue occurs roughly 30% of the time I full screen a video.

Things I have tried:

Multiple different browsers

Updating GPU drivers

Different HDMI ports

I have never experienced an issue quite like this before and I honestly don't know where to even go from here.

Save me!

4 minutes ago, Vigilante720 said:

I have two monitors and a TV hooked up to my graphics card.

My specs are as follows:

Main monitor is 1920x1080 144hz Acer

Secondary monitor is Hanns-G 1920x1080 60hz

TV is 1920x1080 60hz

My computer specs are:

i5 8600k

GTX 1080ti

16 GB Ram

SSD

The issue is that when I full screen a video on my TV, my secondary monitor and my TV will go black for a second. Then, my secondary monitor will come back on as normal but the TV will be full static. The only way to fix this is to either unplug and replug the TV, which only works some of the time, or to restart my computer , which always fixes it. This issue occurs roughly 30% of the time I full screen a video.

Things I have tried:

Multiple different browsers

Updating GPU drivers

Different HDMI ports

I have never experienced an issue quite like this before and I honestly don't know where to even go from here.

Save me!

Did you try different HDMI cables, maybe something's wrong with your cable, that's why

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

CPU: Intel i7 9900k Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A RAM: 32GB (x4 8GB Modules) Corsair Dominator VideoCard: Asus Nvidia 2080ti HDD/SSD: 1TB M2 Samsung EVO 970 Case: LianLi O11 Dynamic (White) Radiator: x1 Corsair Hydro X Series XR5 360 Fans: x6 Corsair LL120 RGB Tubing: Thermaltake PETG ID: 13mm OD: 16mm Fittings: Bitspower Throughout Waterblocks: CPU: EK-Velocity RGB (Nickel+Plexi) VideoCard: EK-Vector RTX 2080ti w/ Nickel Backplate (Nickel+Plexi) Reservoir: Bitspower Touchaqua Sedna Front Plate Options: Corsair Commander Pro, Corsair RGB Controller, Custom Sleeved Cables for CPU, ATX and PCI-E

2 minutes ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

Did you try different HDMI cables, maybe something's wrong with your cable, that's why

I haven't tried a different cable. I am currently using a brand new DisplayPort to HDMI cable (DisplayPort on my GPU and HDMI on my TV). I may try to order another one if all else fails.

1 minute ago, Vigilante720 said:

I haven't tried a different cable. I am currently using a brand new DisplayPort to HDMI cable (DisplayPort on my GPU and HDMI on my TV). I may try to order another one if all else fails.

Try an HDMI cable straight from your gpu to TV, you can prob find one for 10 bucks or less from a local store, or maybe Walmart 

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

CPU: Intel i7 9900k Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A RAM: 32GB (x4 8GB Modules) Corsair Dominator VideoCard: Asus Nvidia 2080ti HDD/SSD: 1TB M2 Samsung EVO 970 Case: LianLi O11 Dynamic (White) Radiator: x1 Corsair Hydro X Series XR5 360 Fans: x6 Corsair LL120 RGB Tubing: Thermaltake PETG ID: 13mm OD: 16mm Fittings: Bitspower Throughout Waterblocks: CPU: EK-Velocity RGB (Nickel+Plexi) VideoCard: EK-Vector RTX 2080ti w/ Nickel Backplate (Nickel+Plexi) Reservoir: Bitspower Touchaqua Sedna Front Plate Options: Corsair Commander Pro, Corsair RGB Controller, Custom Sleeved Cables for CPU, ATX and PCI-E

2 minutes ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

Try an HDMI cable straight from your gpu to TV, you can prob find one for 10 bucks or less from a local store, or maybe Walmart 

My GPU only has one HDMI port and I need it for my 2nd monitor as it's a cheaper monitor and is very limited on connection types..

It has like 3 displayport outputs though.

12 minutes ago, Vigilante720 said:

My GPU only has one HDMI port and I need it for my 2nd monitor as it's a cheaper monitor and is very limited on connection types..

It has like 3 displayport outputs though.

well atleast try it on the gpu temporarily so we know what the cause of the issue is

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

How are you configuring the tv, as a clone of the main desktop or as an extension of the main desktop?

As extension of main desktop usually works better, and you can just move the window of the movie player on that display and switch to full screen

It could be the HDMI cable not being HDMI standard 2.1.  If you're using an earlier standard. It could be the reason why it's doing that.  I had an issue like that and I had to buy a 14 ft HDMI cable that is HDMI standard 2.1.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

5 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

It could be the HDMI cable not being HDMI standard 2.1.  If you're using an earlier standard. It could be the reason why it's doing that.  I had an issue like that and I had to buy a 14 ft HDMI cable that is HDMI standard 2.1.

This is the cable:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015OW3QVS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

17 minutes ago, mariushm said:

How are you configuring the tv, as a clone of the main desktop or as an extension of the main desktop?

As extension of main desktop usually works better, and you can just move the window of the movie player on that display and switch to full screen

The TV is an extension of my displays. I can drag things from my monitors to my TV.

23 minutes ago, jakeslayer9091 said:

well atleast try it on the gpu temporarily so we know what the cause of the issue is

I am having Amazon send me a replacement cable tomorrow and I'll try that and report back. I don't currently have an HDMI cable to reach my TV so I would need to get one to test that out. Which I will if I have to, if this replacement cable gives me the same issues. Thank you though.

3 minutes ago, Vigilante720 said:

It doesn't say 2.1 HDMI standard.  I bought mine from Ebay from a high end home theater company that came with 24/7 local tech support and talk to them before bought the cable.  And they told me that most newer TV's to PC's requires 2.1 standard. Any older standards are not going to work or might have issues.  So you might want to ask Amazon.com for more details about their cables. 

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

I sincerely doubt that the HDMI version of the cable is affecting anything or it's the issue here.

1080p 60 Hz can be done with HDMI 1.3, probably even older versions. HDMI 2.0 was only needed for 4K.